Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » An Error when loading and OCL File for verification
An Error when loading and OCL File for verification [message #1760387] Wed, 26 April 2017 14:45 Go to next message
ping cin is currently offline ping cinFriend
Dear Ed,

I (and some of my colleagues) have been facing an issue with OCL.

I just created an OCL file ".ocl" and then wanted to load it on an xmi for verification.

I got an error which says that "IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction" (the full error log can be seen below), After that all the OCL file crashes and I got errors over all constraints.

I have the feeling that the OCL resource of the OCL file is not accepting modifications anymore for a reason I do not understand.
Please, do you know the cause of this error ?

Thank you.
Best regards.

Error Message: Complete OCL Editor linking error

Full error log:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot modify resource set without a write transaction
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.assertWriting(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:348)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.appendNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:302)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.processObjectNotification(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:284)
at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.TransactionChangeRecorder.notifyChanged(TransactionChangeRecorder.java:240)
at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:374)
at org.eclipse.ocl.pivot.internal.PrecedenceImpl.setOrder(PrecedenceImpl.java:177)
at org.eclipse.ocl.pivot.internal.manager.PrecedenceManager.compilePrecedences(PrecedenceManager.java:112)
at org.eclipse.ocl.pivot.internal.manager.PivotMetamodelManager.createPrecedenceManager(PivotMetamodelManager.java:649)
at org.eclipse.ocl.pivot.internal.manager.PivotMetamodelManager.getPrecedenceManager(PivotMetamodelManager.java:1492)
at org.eclipse.ocl.pivot.internal.manager.PivotMetamodelManager.getInfixPrecedence(PivotMetamodelManager.java:1337)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.essentialocl.cs2as.EssentialOCLCSPreOrderVisitor$InfixExpContinuation.execute(EssentialOCLCSPreOrderVisitor.java:107)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.base.cs2as.CS2ASConversion.progressContinuations(CS2ASConversion.java:839)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.base.cs2as.CS2ASConversion.update(CS2ASConversion.java:1328)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.base.cs2as.CS2AS.update(CS2AS.java:614)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.base.utilities.CS2ASLinker.afterModelLinked(CS2ASLinker.java:84)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.impl.AbstractCleaningLinker.linkModel(AbstractCleaningLinker.java:57)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.XtextResource.doLinking(XtextResource.java:323)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.doLinking(LazyLinkingResource.java:107)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.essentialocl.utilities.EssentialOCLCSResource.doLinking(EssentialOCLCSResource.java:346)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.XtextResource.updateInternalState(XtextResource.java:284)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.XtextResource.updateInternalState(XtextResource.java:273)
at org.eclipse.xtext.resource.XtextResource.doLoad(XtextResource.java:171)
at org.eclipse.xtext.linking.lazy.LazyLinkingResource.doLoad(LazyLinkingResource.java:100)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.essentialocl.utilities.EssentialOCLCSResource.doLoad(EssentialOCLCSResource.java:354)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1518)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java:1297)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoad(ResourceSetImpl.java:259)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.demandLoadHelper(ResourceSetImpl.java:274)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl.getResource(ResourceSetImpl.java:406)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.completeocl.utilities.CompleteOCLLoader.loadResource(CompleteOCLLoader.java:171)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.completeocl.utilities.CompleteOCLLoader.loadDocument(CompleteOCLLoader.java:133)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.completeocl.ui.commands.LoadCompleteOCLResourceHandler$ResourceDialog$DeferredLoadDocumentJob.processResources(LoadCompleteOCLResourceHandler.java:187)
at org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.completeocl.ui.commands.LoadCompleteOCLResourceHandler$ResourceDialog$DeferredLoadDocumentJob.run(LoadCompleteOCLResourceHandler.java:151)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Re: An Error when loading and OCL File for verification [message #1760393 is a reply to message #1760387] Wed, 26 April 2017 15:14 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

You will need to be much more precise about your repro. What you describe is impossible since OCL does not use EMF Transaction. I suspect that the problem is that OCL->Load re-uses someone else's ResourceSet and that ResourceSet is subject to EMF Transactions, and so org.eclipse.ocl.xtext.completeocl.ui.commands.LoadCompleteOCLResourceHandler$ResourceDialog$DeferredLoadDocumentJob.processResources(LoadCompleteOCLResourceHandler.java:187) should have tested for EMF Transaction in use and created a write transaction. But the offence seems to be a Precedence.setOrder which should be in OCL's private ResourceSet. Maybe EMF Transaction is infecting all ResourceSets.

Regards

Ed Willink

Previous Topic:Start/End position
Next Topic:Generating Java code for OCL constraints
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:32:06 GMT 2024