Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Problems deploying applications
Problems deploying applications [message #1760274] Tue, 25 April 2017 12:09 Go to next message
Marc Jakobi is currently offline Marc JakobiFriend
Hello.

I am following the FlipFlop tutorial of the 4diac documentation on how to deploy the application to FORTE. I have linked FORTE in the preferences and am using the "Launch Local FORTE" option. The download seems to go well (according to the Deployment Console), but I cannot see any outputs of FORTE in the console.

I assumed that it must be because I didn't have enough modules selected in the CMake GUI. However, certain modules seem to cause the build to fail.

Furthermore, when I attempt to launch FBRT (for the Xplus3 tutorial), I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" fb.datatype.FBDataTypeException: INVALID_OBJECT: -s
	at fb.datatype.FBDataTypeException.invalidObject(FBDataTypeException.java:66)
	at fb.rt.Device.main(Device.java:123)
Re: Problems deploying applications [message #1760279 is a reply to message #1760274] Tue, 25 April 2017 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

with the latest FORTEs you will only get output in error cases. The easiest way to check if a FORTE application is working is to using the online monitoring feature and watch the input and outputs of your FBs.

Regarding the FBRT exception. What value have you specified for the port bevore launching FBRT?
Re: Problems deploying applications [message #1760307 is a reply to message #1760279] Tue, 25 April 2017 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Jakobi is currently offline Marc JakobiFriend
Hi.
Thanks for the quick reply. I found out why FBRT wasn't launching. I was pointing 4diac to the latest version downloaded from Holobloc. I changed it to the one in /runtime/FBRT and now it works.

Where can I find the online monitoring feature? Is there a subsection about it in the documentation?
EDIT: I just found it. Thanks again for your help!

[Updated on: Tue, 25 April 2017 16:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems deploying applications [message #1760322 is a reply to message #1760307] Tue, 25 April 2017 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi,
Ah this would have been my second guess. The problem is that FBRT changed a lot with the 2.x series. We still have to find a good way how to support the new version of FBRT.

Great that you found the docs for the monitoring.
Re: Problems deploying applications [message #1800244 is a reply to message #1760307] Fri, 21 December 2018 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abc xyz is currently offline abc xyzFriend
Can you please elaborate a bit more your comments about FBRT location. Because I have not found any fbrt.jar except the one shown in the following figure from Holobloc.
Re: Problems deploying applications [message #1800577 is a reply to message #1800244] Wed, 02 January 2019 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Currently we are not providing an FBRT with the latest 4diac IDE releases. But it should be possible to use the FBRT provided directly from Holoboloc. You need to set the device profile to FBDK2 for that. However currently for the latest FBRTs the run-time launcher. But you can easily launch FRAME_DEVICES from the command line:

java -jar device.jar FRAME FRAME_DEVICE BOUNDS "[100,100,250,400]"
Re: Problems deploying applications [message #1800649 is a reply to message #1800577] Fri, 04 January 2019 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
balram Ahirwar is currently offline balram AhirwarFriend
Hello ,
i am using 4DIAC IDE in my project
but my requirement is, i want to Configure 4DIAC IDE on browser window.
means when user click on given link the 4DIAC IDE will launch Automatically .
Is it possible or not???.
Please reply.
Re: Problems deploying applications [message #1800754 is a reply to message #1800649] Mon, 07 January 2019 19:46 Go to previous message

Hi,

you also posted the question in the mailing list. First posts in the Eclipse forums are always a bit delayed because of SPAM protection.
However for completeness if someone stumbles across your question here I would like to duplicate my answer here as well:

to clarify you question: Currently it is not possible to run 4diac IDE within a browser. Eclipse Che and/or Eclipse RAP could help to port 4diac IDE into a web application to run within a browser. Don't know if this will work for 4diac IDE.

As Michael pointed out you could provide 4diac IDE with all the FBs, sample applications and a Java run-time in a ZIP file that users could download from your page, but then have to extract and start manually.

There is also the option that you add links to executables in web-pages. But because of security implications this is works only for local executables that are already on the machine of your user [1]. In a corporate setting this could be a shared network directory.

If this is what you are searching for then you may also want to know that you can give a also the workspace to start 4diac IDE with as parameter [2].

Cheers,
Alois

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4252913/open-an-exe-file-through-a-link-in-a-html-file
[2] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/209789/starting-eclipse-w-specific-workspace
Previous Topic:Deployment problem to FORTE_PC
Next Topic:Eclipse and long pathnames
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:11:18 GMT 2024