Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Error while trying to add a breakpoint to debug an ATL project(eclipse mars 2, debugging)
Error while trying to add a breakpoint to debug an ATL project [message #1760126] Sun, 23 April 2017 13:11 Go to next message
im hello world is currently offline im hello worldFriend
Hi everybody.
I'm working with eclipse Mars Version: Mars.2 Release (4.5.2), windows 7 x64, and on an ATL project
When i try to add a breakpoint to debug my ATL project, i got this in my error Log:" Unhandled event loop exception"
Exception stack trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EClassImpl.getFeatureID(EClassImpl.java:1500)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.DynamicEObjectImpl.eDerivedStructuralFeatureID(DynamicEObjectImpl.java:218)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1008)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:1003)
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.BasicEObjectImpl.eGet(BasicEObjectImpl.java:998)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt.ui.editor.AtlEditor.toggleLineBreakpoints(AtlEditor.java:1641)
	at org.eclipse.m2m.atl.adt.debug.ui.AtlBreakpointAdapter.toggleLineBreakpoints(AtlBreakpointAdapter.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.ToggleBreakpointAction.doIt(ToggleBreakpointAction.java:127)
	at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.ToggleBreakpointAction.runWithEvent(ToggleBreakpointAction.java:92)
	at org.eclipse.debug.ui.actions.RulerToggleBreakpointActionDelegate.runWithEvent(RulerToggleBreakpointActionDelegate.java:128)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.ActionDelegateHandlerProxy.execute(ActionDelegateHandlerProxy.java:291)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:493)
	at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:486)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.ContributedAction.runWithEvent(ContributedAction.java:193)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor$14.triggerAction(AbstractTextEditor.java:3082)
	at org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor$14.mouseDoubleClick(AbstractTextEditor.java:3108)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4362)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1113)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4180)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3769)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$4.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1127)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:337)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1018)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:694)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:337)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:606)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:139)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:669)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:608)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1515)

Can you please help me to resolve this problem.
Thank you.
Re: Error while trying to add a breakpoint to debug an ATL project [message #1760669 is a reply to message #1760126] Mon, 01 May 2017 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

That looks like a bug. Can you try against the latest Eclipse / ATL version to see if it exists there as well? (Neon.3 / ATL 3.7.0)

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: Error while trying to add a breakpoint to debug an ATL project [message #1761221 is a reply to message #1760669] Tue, 09 May 2017 08:04 Go to previous message
im hello world is currently offline im hello worldFriend
Hi,
Thank you very much Dennis,
in the first time it worked great with Neon3, but after few days of working with it, I had the same problem when adding a breakpoint(unfortunately, i don't know the reason why).
Regards
Previous Topic:Counter is never incremented in a matched rule
Next Topic:[0..*] multiplicity transformation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:10:46 GMT 2024