Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Console output from one class, but not on the other
Console output from one class, but not on the other [message #1760092] Sat, 22 April 2017 09:45
Ronald Uit is currently offline Ronald UitFriend
Hello Eclipse community,

Since yesterday I finished some classes in Java and javascript. I found a nice project to start programming and enhance my object oriented skills.

So I installed Tomcat, Eclipse. Along with some additional library's like GSon, jQuery and the mariadb database connector.

Everything seems to work fine, I even managed to switch over the java version as I realised that the project needs to target Java 7 and not 8. I really like Eclipse, especially the newest version. (we used an old version for the programming course).

One thing that stumps me is the following: In the project there are two classes which both extend HttpServlet. Both have an appropiate doPost method.

When I do System.out.println("test"); in the first class, then the output is shown in the Eclipse console. However, another class is not displaying the output in the console.

The other class is fired correctly as it's behaviour is tested with some AJAX code in a small HTML page.

Could someone help me? The only reason that could explain this is that the first class I mention here was the first class created in the project. But that could not be it, right?

Thanks in advance
Previous Topic:Fatal crash - Only works after reboot - EXCEPTION_FLT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO
Next Topic:o
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:59:32 GMT 2024