Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Newbie question about new biding(Error in pom.xml of a new biding)
Newbie question about new biding [message #1760069] Fri, 21 April 2017 17:15 Go to next message
Andy T is currently offline Andy TFriend
Hi,

I'm a newbie to Eclipse SmartHome. I created a new biding by executing create_binding_skeleton.sh my new biding got an error in the pom.xml
It complained the <parent> tag although this pom.xml looks the same as the one of yahooweather (only the biding name is different)

<parent>
    <groupId>org.eclipse.smarthome.binding</groupId>
    <artifactId>pom</artifactId>
    <version>0.9.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  </parent>

It said "Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.6.1:compile (execution: default, phase: compile)"

And the Console showed:
Cannot resolve project dependencies:
[ERROR] Software being installed: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mybidings 0.9.0.qualifier
[ERROR] Missing requirement: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mybidings 0.9.0.qualifier requires 'package org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core 0.0.0' but it could not be found
[ERROR]
[ERROR] See http://wiki.eclipse.org/Tycho/Dependency_Resolution_Troubleshooting for help.
[ERROR] Cannot resolve dependencies of MavenProject: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mybidings:0.9.0-SNAPSHOT @ .../Eclipse Neon/smarthome-master/git/smarthome/extensions/binding/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mybidings/pom.xml: See log for details -> [Help 1]

Can someone help me to solve this problem?
Thank you very much!
Re: Newbie question about new biding [message #1760084 is a reply to message #1760069] Sat, 22 April 2017 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henning Treu is currently offline Henning TreuFriend
Did you already run
mvn clean install
on the whole project? It seems the dependency org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core can not be found in your maven repo. The line
[ERROR] Missing requirement: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.mybidings 0.9.0.qualifier requires 'package org.eclipse.smarthome.config.core 0.0.0' but it could not be found
says so.
Re: Newbie question about new biding [message #1760158 is a reply to message #1760084] Mon, 24 April 2017 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henning Treu is currently offline Henning TreuFriend
Just found the link to the build docu in another thread on github. hope it helps: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome#3-building-with-maven
Re: Newbie question about new biding [message #1760219 is a reply to message #1760158] Mon, 24 April 2017 16:40 Go to previous message
Andy T is currently offline Andy TFriend
Hi Henning,

Thank you for your reply! I found that when I imported the new binding as Maven project I got this issue, but if I imported it as a current java project in the workspace then everything was OK.
Previous Topic:Send Command to another Binding
Next Topic:Proper way to refer to external libraries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:04:08 GMT 2024