Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula support some features(Jubula support some features)
Jubula support some features [message #1760004] Fri, 21 April 2017 06:57 Go to next message
trung nguyen is currently offline trung nguyenFriend
Hi,

I have 4 question:
1. I don't know if Jubula supports log file report on server or not?
2. I want to run test suite in 5.00a.m per day automatically. Jubula supports the feature or not?
3. I want to run test execution without starting Jubula GUI. Jubula supports the feature or not? (I guess that I can use file autrun and testexec command to do that, right? I have tried to use them, but result file is always fails. Could you help me to use them)
4. Is ub_os_executeExternalCommand testcase used on remote machine? I tried to use the testcase on remote Linux machine but It didn't work.

Thanks
Trung.

[Updated on: Mon, 24 April 2017 06:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Jubula support some features [message #1760162 is a reply to message #1760004] Mon, 24 April 2017 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Trung,

1. What exactly do you mean by log file report on server?

2. There are several ways to achieve this. The command-line tool testexec allows you to execute tests via command-line parameters. It will automatically start an autagent, start the AUT and then execute the specified test.
Since it is a command line tool, you can write a batch file in which you configure which AUT and test to run. You could then automatically run this batch file e. g. as a cron-job in linux or task in the Windows Task Scheduler.
If you however have a build environment like Hudson or Jenkins, you could also use the environment to execute your tests.
For more info about testexec see [1]. For info about how to configure cron, Windows Task Scheduler or your build environment please refer to their documentation. If you plan to use a build environment and an RCP AUT you'd have to include the RCP accessor during the build process. There also is some documentation about that at [2].

3. As written in 2, you can use testexec to achieve this.

4. Depending on the ENVIRONMENT parameter you have set, it is either executed where the AUT or where the ITE runs. Default seems to be AUT.

Best regards,
Kevin

[1] https://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/userManual/tasks/ch03s25.html
[2] https://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/userManual/toolkit/ch04s03s03.html#setting-up-an-rcp-aut
Re: Jubula support some features [message #1760168 is a reply to message #1760162] Mon, 24 April 2017 08:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Kevin,

1. After test execution is finished, I want to log file result of test process on web server database. Do you have anyway?

4. I can run perl file .pl on linux machine(Red hat 64b). But I can't run the file with ub_os_executeExternalCommand. Log view is "perl: command not found". Let me know what happened? And how to fix that?

Thanks
Trung

[Updated on: Tue, 25 April 2017 09:11]

Re: Jubula support some features [message #1760251 is a reply to message #1760168] Tue, 25 April 2017 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Trung,

1. When executing tests through testexec you can specify a path where both an XML and an HTML test result will be output after test execution. You can also export HTML and XML test results from the ITE. If I understand you correctly and you would like to put this on your web server, you could simply copy the html file to your server. If you would actually like to use a database you can either put the XML or the HTML file into your database, if your database supports that.

4. This means that perl does not seem to be configured correctly in the PATH environment variable. You could either adjust the PATH variable and add the perl directory to it or you could, and we strongly recommend this, enter the full path to perl in your bash script.

Best regards,
Kevin
Re: Jubula support some features [message #1760261 is a reply to message #1760251] Tue, 25 April 2017 09:13 Go to previous message
Thanks for your comment, Kevin

Trung

[Updated on: Thu, 04 May 2017 07:37]

Previous Topic:RCP AUT and Invoke Method in plugin results in ClassNotFoundException
Next Topic:Unable to select node using TextPath in RCP application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:10:54 GMT 2024