Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Empty outline(No outline is displayed for a .lua file)
icon9.gif  Empty outline [message #1759726] Mon, 17 April 2017 08:03 Go to next message
Tom Demler is currently offline Tom DemlerFriend
The outline window remains empty for a .lua file open in the editor. Syntax highlighting is in effect in the editor. I have the Lua Development Tools installed 1.4.1.201701231614. I've been able to have an outline in the past but now the window is always empty. I recently had problems trying to install Eclipse updates so I reinstalled Eclipse and all of the options. Now the outline for .lua files doesn't seem to work.
Re: Empty outline [message #1759727 is a reply to message #1759726] Mon, 17 April 2017 09:05 Go to previous message
Tom Demler is currently offline Tom DemlerFriend
OK - it seems that if there is a syntax error then the outline will not be displayed. The file I've been working on begins with this line
module("L_RFXtrx", package.seeall)
ZeroBrane Studio seems to recognize this as a valid LUA source line but the parser in the Eclipse LDT does not.

I was not aware that the LDT does not support Lua 5.3 and this is the problem with my lua file. I'm having a hard time finding an IDE that does everything I want. I need support for files of type lua, json, js, xml.

[Updated on: Mon, 17 April 2017 09:35]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:LDT crashes immediately in debug mode
Next Topic:Empty project - "This file probably contains a syntax error"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:03:14 GMT 2024