Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » RCP Testing Tool » Setting a preference context using ECL language?
Setting a preference context using ECL language? [message #1759691] Sat, 15 April 2017 13:28 Go to next message
Agustin Celentano is currently offline Agustin CelentanoFriend
Hi,

I have this scenario to do:

I need to set a preference context ( A variable in the classpath variable preference page) before each test, so I came up with the idea of using a preference context to set this.
The problem is that I have to run this test on many platforms (mac ,win, lin) and I cannot hard code the path, I need to use a expresion (ecl por instance) to solve it in runtime.

I was planning to use something like this "[concat [get-java-property "user.home"] "/.m2/repository"]" but it is not resolved in runtime and It creates the variable with that value literally. So, is there a way to do this?

I attached a screenshot to clarify.

Thanks in advance.

[Updated on: Sat, 15 April 2017 13:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Setting a preference context using ECL language? [message #1760587 is a reply to message #1759691] Fri, 28 April 2017 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agustin Celentano is currently offline Agustin CelentanoFriend
Any ideas?
Re: Setting a preference context using ECL language? [message #1763755 is a reply to message #1760587] Fri, 19 May 2017 10:06 Go to previous message
Viktoria Dlugopolskaya is currently offline Viktoria DlugopolskayaFriend
Hi Agustin,

Preference context does not support ecl commands. If you want to execute ecl commands, you can use 'Ecl Script' context for it.
Record steps to set classpath variable and paste them into 'Ecl Script' context. On the line where value is set, paste the expression '[concat [get-java-property "user.home"] "/.m2/repository"]'.
Previous Topic:Reading .properties file
Next Topic:[SOLVED] externalize in a file global variables and procedures to handle huge project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:51:24 GMT 2024