Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Replace Text treats # as 3(Jubula treats # as 3 in Replace Text action in a text field)
Replace Text treats # as 3 [message #1759631] Fri, 14 April 2017 07:38 Go to next message
Irfan Khaliq is currently offline Irfan KhaliqFriend
I am trying to insert a string containing # in it within a text box. The Jubula step treats # as 3.

Steps:
# Create a step using Replace Text action.
# Use # as input parameter.
# Execute test.
# It inputs 3 instead of #.

I am getting blocked for this test case. Please let me know if there is a workaround for the problem, i.e escape characters, ASCII value etc...

I am using Jubula 8.4.1.
Re: Replace Text treats # as 3 [message #1759748 is a reply to message #1759631] Tue, 18 April 2017 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Irfan,

this seems to be working fine for me with JavaFX. What toolkit are you using?

Best regards,
Kevin
Re: Replace Text treats # as 3 [message #1759776 is a reply to message #1759748] Tue, 18 April 2017 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Irfan,

is it possible that CAPS LOCK is active on the machine you are testing the AUT on? It was reproducable for me when CAPS LOCK was active.

Best regards,
Kevin
Re: Replace Text treats # as 3 [message #1759852 is a reply to message #1759776] Wed, 19 April 2017 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Kevin,

I am using RCP application. I have the CAPS LOCK turned off. First I thought, it was due to the need of pressing shift button to type '#' symbol. However, it is interesting to note that the problem is only appearing for # and it works fine for me for other symbols, i.e ^, *, >, < etc...
Re: Replace Text treats # as 3 [message #1759868 is a reply to message #1759852] Wed, 19 April 2017 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Irfan,

I further investigated this and noticed that this is caused by a mistake in our en_US keyboard layout file which comes with Jubula. In the keyboard layout file we defined:
#=shift+3

But since # is a comment line in a java properties file the line is simply ignored. I fixed this by escaping the # symbol so it now is defined as
\#=shift+3

Attached to this post you can find a fixed org.eclipse.jubula.client.api jar-file which will fix the problem if you switch it out with the existing one in the plugins folder of your Jubula intallation. You also have to switch out the file on all other machines you are running the tests on.

Best regards,
Kevin
Re: Replace Text treats # as 3 [message #1759869 is a reply to message #1759868] Wed, 19 April 2017 09:46 Go to previous message
Thanks, Kevin for the quick response of the issue.

Irfan
Previous Topic:Select Node by Textpath
Next Topic:Run testcase on a remote machine jubula 8.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:46:57 GMT 2024