Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » JRE settings
JRE settings [message #1759547] Wed, 12 April 2017 20:13 Go to next message
Dustin Kasser is currently offline Dustin KasserFriend
I don't have any older Java Runtime Environments installed on my computer that I know of. However, Eclipse is always setting my JRE compatability to below 1.4, while I'm running 1.8. Obviously, this causes some problems. How do I change it so that for every project it will automatically set the JRE to 1.8?

Thank you.
Re: JRE settings [message #1759560 is a reply to message #1759547] Wed, 12 April 2017 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Best would be to have project specific preferences to set it once and for all for each project. In terms of the global workspace preference, perhaps you've enabled the preference recorder at some point and set it to 1.4, recorded that, and since then it always gets set to 1.4. If you use Navigate -> Open Setup -> User does it have node "User Preferences" under which global preference have been recorded? In general you can enable the preference recorder (via the record button in the lower left next to the ? button), make changes to preferences, and then record the change that you want to be in that state in all workspaces.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: JRE settings [message #1759597 is a reply to message #1759560] Thu, 13 April 2017 15:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dustin Kasser is currently offline Dustin KasserFriend
I don't see Open Setup under the Navigate tab. The open options I have are Open: Type Hierarchy, Call Hierarchy, Hyperlink, Implementation, Super Implementation, Attached Javadoc, and Clipboard. Below are Open Type, Open Type in Hierarchy, and Open Resource, and Open Task. Am I in the wrong tab or something?
Re: JRE settings [message #1759603 is a reply to message #1759547] Thu, 13 April 2017 18:29 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Please look at the Java settings in the general preferences menu, from Window -> Preferences (OS X: Eclipse -> Preferences).

From the preferences menu Java -> Compiler -> Compiler compliance level.

--
-TV

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: JRE settings [message #1759608 is a reply to message #1759603] Thu, 13 April 2017 10:53 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The Neon.3 update broke quite a few bundles, including Oomph, so maybe you have that update. But in that case, it's not applying your user preference either, so that leave me no theory why your workspace defaults to 1.4.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Installing Eclipse
Next Topic:Eclipse quits unexpectedly
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:59:45 GMT 2024