Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » NullPointerException in SetupUIPlugin.performStartup()(Error in plug-in development)
NullPointerException in SetupUIPlugin.performStartup() [message #1759365] Tue, 11 April 2017 02:26
Sudharshan Gopikrishnan is currently offline Sudharshan GopikrishnanFriend
Hello all,

I am new to plug-in development in eclipse. So any help you provide will be really beneficial.

I had created a plug-in project through eclipse and everything was working fine. I then exported the plug-in as an archive file. I imported this archive file into a new work-space and tried running the plug-in application. But, when i do so i get the below Null-Pointer exception error. The same plug-in works fine in the earlier workspace, but in the new workspace it gives the error. Please let me know if anyone have encountered such an issue before. Thanks !!!

Regards,
Sid
*************************ERROR LOG****************************

!SESSION 2017-04-10 22:10:11.434 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=4.6.2.M20161124-1400
java.version=1.8.0_121
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en_CA
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.platform.ide
Command-line arguments: -product org.eclipse.platform.ide -data C:\Users\Sudharshan\Desktop\DemoWorkspace/../runtime-EclipseApplication -dev file:C:/Users/Sudharshan/Desktop/DemoWorkspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Eclipse Application/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.egit.ui 2 0 2017-04-10 22:10:58.748
!MESSAGE Warning: The environment variable HOME is not set. The following directory will be used to store the Git
user global configuration and to define the default location to store repositories: 'C:\Users\Sudharshan'. If this is
not correct please set the HOME environment variable and restart Eclipse. Otherwise Git for Windows and
EGit might behave differently since they see different configuration options.
This warning can be switched off on the Team > Git > Confirmations and Warnings preference page.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui 2 0 2017-04-10 22:11:10.525
!MESSAGE java.lang.NullPointerException
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.SetupUIPlugin.performStartup(SetupUIPlugin.java:443)
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.SetupUIPlugin.access$5(SetupUIPlugin.java:414)
at org.eclipse.oomph.setup.ui.SetupUIPlugin$1$1.run(SetupUIPlugin.java:253)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Re: NullPointerException in SetupUIPlugin.performStartup() [message #1759381 is a reply to message #1759365] Mon, 10 April 2017 23:02 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
What version of Oomph is in your target platform (i.e., what version of this Oomph bundle is included in your launch)? I expect this error doesn't actually affect your application at all though (and isn't even related to your application just as the warning from EGit isn't related to your application and is only there because you've included EGit in your launch), so if you ignore it, I expect your plug-in still functions as expected.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:"Allow incoming network connections" -- message recurs
Next Topic:Different GNU Tool Chain and PATH variable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:22:11 GMT 2024