Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Quick fixes customization
Quick fixes customization [message #1759345] Mon, 10 April 2017 09:12 Go to next message
Sara Rosa is currently offline Sara RosaFriend
Hi all,

I have a Sirius representation over a DSL generated by EMF, and when I validate my model some errors generated by the Ecore show up (for example "name must be set"). However, none of these errors have quick fixes. How can I define/customize them?

Thank you for your time and help,
Sara
Re: Quick fixes customization [message #1759352 is a reply to message #1759345] Mon, 10 April 2017 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ran Wei is currently offline Ran WeiFriend
Hi, I think the validation error you got comes from your metamodel (the property 'name' is set to mandatory in your Ecore model). Given that it is a best guess, could you please provide an example to reproduce such validation error?
To implement quick fixes, you'd have to write some validations using EVL, and example can be found in [1].

Cheers,
William

[1]. https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.validateoo

Research Associate
Department of Computer Science
University of York
Re: Quick fixes customization [message #1759355 is a reply to message #1759352] Mon, 10 April 2017 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, the validation error comes from the metamodel. Since those validations are already "checked" (because they are mandatory) by the metamodel I was trying to find a way to add quick fixes to them, because if I use EVL I will have to write all those validations again... Right? And then add quick fixes.

Thank you for your help,
Sara

[Updated on: Mon, 10 April 2017 12:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Quick fixes customization [message #1759385 is a reply to message #1759355] Tue, 11 April 2017 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Sara,

> if I use EVL I will have to write all those validations again... Right?

This is correct - I'm not aware of a way to add fixes for built-in constraints.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Quick fixes customization [message #1759406 is a reply to message #1759385] Tue, 11 April 2017 11:45 Go to previous message
Hi Dimitris,

> This is correct - I'm not aware of a way to add fixes for built-in constraints.

Thanks for your answer

Cheers,
Sara

[Updated on: Tue, 11 April 2017 11:48]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:[ETL]" Feature 'XXX' not found" when trying to load XML file backed by XSD
Next Topic:Import Ecore packages into EVL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:18:06 GMT 2024