Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » E4/RAP Compatibility Layer Workbench
E4/RAP Compatibility Layer Workbench [message #1759176] Fri, 07 April 2017 02:14 Go to next message
David Marina is currently offline David MarinaFriend
Hi all,

I am currently working on a version of org.eclipse.rap.ui.workbench that allows to use the E4 Compatibility Layer in RAP.
The goal is to support single-sourced code for RCP/RAP applications when using the E4 in Compatibility Layer.

It is based on the bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench from Eclipse Neon.2 and incorporates big parts of code of org.eclipse.rap.ui.workbench from RAP 3.1.2-SR2a.

When running with a platform based on RAP 3.1.2 together with the Incubator project E4 on RAP, it is possible to run web pure E4 model applications (like provided by the E4 on RAP Incubator project) or E4 Compatibility Layer-based applications.

As the existence of this component is critical for many of the projects developed at my company, we decided to created a Project proposal in the Eclipse website. We believe it is the best place to ensure a proper maintenance and there could be more people interested in such component.

This is the first time I try to share a development into the Eclipse community. I already read and followed all the documentation about the process but, after a few weeks of the proposal creation, I have no news about it being under study or any feedback. Could anyone give me some guidance on how to proceed?

Thanks!
Re: E4/RAP Compatibility Layer Workbench [message #1759199 is a reply to message #1759176] Fri, 07 April 2017 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cole Markham is currently offline Cole MarkhamFriend

David,

I would suggest that you should contribute your work to the RAP incubator [1]. It would make sense to have it alongside the current RAP E4 implementation, and the barrier to entry is much lower. From there it could either be merged into the main RAP distribution or become its own project at a later point. Others may have a different suggestion though.

Do you have the source code available somewhere, I would be interested to see it.

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/rap/incubator/

Good luck,

Cole Markham

[Updated on: Fri, 07 April 2017 15:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: E4/RAP Compatibility Layer Workbench [message #1759291 is a reply to message #1759199] Mon, 10 April 2017 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Cole,

I will try to proceed as you suggest.
Right now, the code is not yet available in any public repository but I will let you know as soon as I upload it.

Thank you for your help!

David
Re: E4/RAP Compatibility Layer Workbench [message #1807641 is a reply to message #1759291] Wed, 05 June 2019 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Castle is currently offline Simon CastleFriend
Any NEWS/Progress I'm also just starting with RAP and find this a crucial missing component.

Thanks in advance for the good cooperation here.
.... Simon
Re: E4/RAP Compatibility Layer Workbench [message #1817662 is a reply to message #1807641] Wed, 27 November 2019 15:15 Go to previous message
Hi Simon,

You should be able to get this component here:

https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/admin/projects/rap/incubator/org.eclipse.rap.incubator.e4.compatibility.workbench,branches

There you will find two versions at the moment: one was made with the RAP 3.4 release and the other was updated to RAP 3.9.

In order to use it you will need a combination of both target platforms: the normal RAP and the E4 RAP.

In some of my projects, I use myself some other RCP platform components that are useable with RAP. In case you need them, I would recommend to use the Oxygen platform(4.7) for the RAP 3.4 and the E1812(4.10) for the 3.9.

Best regards,
David
Previous Topic:Eclipse modelling IDE and RAP
Next Topic:Impossible to see Image
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:17:51 GMT 2024