Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Feature of adding custom processors in existing layouting algorithms
Feature of adding custom processors in existing layouting algorithms [message #1759019] Wed, 05 April 2017 10:49 Go to next message
Mehmet Karaman is currently offline Mehmet KaramanFriend
Hello,

i've implemented a new processor (ILayoutProcessor) and I'm adding it hardcoded to the existing Layered Layout Provider. For this approach i have added a line in the GraphConfigurator.prepareGraphForLayout method (algorithm.add(15, new LayerSizeProcessor())).

Is there a more convenient way of adding a processor to the algorithm list (Property InternalProperties.PROCESSORS)? Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Mehmet Karaman
Re: Feature of adding custom processors in existing layouting algorithms [message #1759020 is a reply to message #1759019] Wed, 05 April 2017 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Hi Mehmet,

no, the algorithm is not designed to be augmented from the outside because of the way dependency resolution between processors works. What exactly does your processor do? If the feature is generally useful enough, we could consider adding it to the algorithm.

Cheers,
Christoph Daniel
Re: Feature of adding custom processors in existing layouting algorithms [message #1759023 is a reply to message #1759020] Wed, 05 April 2017 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mehmet Karaman is currently offline Mehmet KaramanFriend
Hello Christoph,

thanks for answering. My processor finds the average or max width of nodes in the contained layer and sets to all nodes in the current layer. At the end it looks like rasterized and aligned on the left side with the same width of all nodes in one layer. If you find it useful i could provide the source code.

Best regards
Mehmet Karaman

[Updated on: Wed, 05 April 2017 14:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Feature of adding custom processors in existing layouting algorithms [message #1759169 is a reply to message #1759023] Fri, 07 April 2017 08:51 Go to previous message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Hi Mehmet,

thanks a lot for your offer, but I think that's a bit too specific of a feature and not that easy to implement such that it works in the general case.

Cheers,
Christoph Daniel
Previous Topic:Turn off random layouting
Next Topic:Unwanted child nodes resize
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:36:36 GMT 2024