Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » 4DIAC System Perspective / System Explorer problem - incorrect entries under created System
4DIAC System Perspective / System Explorer problem - incorrect entries under created System [message #1758990] Wed, 05 April 2017 05:49 Go to next message
Ian Peake is currently offline Ian PeakeFriend
Hi, I seem to have some issues with 4DIAC in relation to the system perspective. If I compare with the FlipFlip tutorial, for example, once I have created a system and application, I don't seem to be able to find a view that corresponds to what is visible in the tutorial; instead I see the screenshot below. In fact, currently I see something similar under several different systems. This seems to be quite different from which is shown in the second figure of the tutorial after "results in" which shows a FlipFlip Application and Configuration only.

What have I missed or done incorrectly?

Thanks in advance!

Re: 4DIAC System Perspective / System Explorer problem - incorrect entries under created System [message #1759067 is a reply to message #1758990] Wed, 05 April 2017 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

it really looks like your 4diac-ide installation is broken and some parts fo 4diac-ide are not loaded. Are you using an official 4diac release or a self built? In your workspace there is in the directory .metadata a file called .log could you post this as there should be information why the missing 4diac-ide parts could not be loaded.
Re: 4DIAC System Perspective / System Explorer problem - incorrect entries under created System [message #1759469 is a reply to message #1759067] Tue, 11 April 2017 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Alois, the log is attached. As far as I recall I took the stock Eclipse for Ubuntu 16.10 and installed 4DIAC according to the instructions. But I will now go back and look at that...

IanP
  • Attachment: .log
    (Size: 963.67KB, Downloaded 88 times)
Re: 4DIAC System Perspective / System Explorer problem - incorrect entries under created System [message #1759470 is a reply to message #1759067] Wed, 12 April 2017 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A restart of the 4DIAC IDE seems to have resolved that issue. I will post a separate followup for the next issue I encountered...
Re: 4DIAC System Perspective / System Explorer problem - incorrect entries under created System [message #1759475 is a reply to message #1759470] Tue, 11 April 2017 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(...and the "next" issue seems to have resolved itself too...)
Re: 4DIAC System Perspective / System Explorer problem - incorrect entries under created System [message #1759541 is a reply to message #1759470] Wed, 12 April 2017 16:48 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Great that it is resolved. But it would be really interesting what caused the initial problems. MHM
Previous Topic:Server sessions
Next Topic:BFB algorithms in Java/C++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:05:46 GMT 2024