Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Model-to-Model Transformation » XSLT vs ATL
XSLT vs ATL [message #1758807] Mon, 03 April 2017 12:08 Go to next message
im hello world is currently offline im hello worldFriend
Hi,
I have to choose a model transformation language for my project,
i did several researchs, and i found out that ATL and xslt are the best point of view documentation...but i still don't know what to choose.
it seems like xslt is simpler than ATL.. (not so sure)
can someone help me to make this choice?
Re: XSLT vs ATL [message #1758808 is a reply to message #1758807] Mon, 03 April 2017 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

If you have models, there is no real choice: ATL or some other M2M tool (QVTo, Henshin, ...)

XSLT is a previous generation suitable for XML. As such it has much more power, but it's mostly to support ill-discipline. Just as assembler gives you more power than a high level language, but few people would now use assembler as a first choice. Unfortunately in terms of quality, we are still in the assembler to high level language transition. XSLT tooling is probably more widely used, supported and of higher quality.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: XSLT vs ATL [message #1758827 is a reply to message #1758808] Mon, 03 April 2017 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im hello world is currently offline im hello worldFriend
Thanks a lot,
I have models, but behind each model an xml code, and that's what made me in this confusion Sad
Does this still a problem or I have to work with M2M tools?
thank you
Re: XSLT vs ATL [message #1758829 is a reply to message #1758827] Mon, 03 April 2017 14:59 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

M2M works with XMI which is a richer form of XML. If your models are not XMI from the outset then you will need some of the EMF facilities to support and XSD-compliant XML.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:error in if condition
Next Topic:widely used model transformation languages
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:34:24 GMT 2024