Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Using any Action as Condition within an if-then-else
Using any Action as Condition within an if-then-else [message #1758792] Mon, 03 April 2017 07:57 Go to next message
Marcel Schramm is currently offline Marcel SchrammFriend
Hello,

I wanted to ask if it is possible to check if an action failed, usually i use the if else like in this example:
if
    ComboBox -> CheckText equals "test"
then
    Application -> close
else
    Do nothing

In that case, i'd have a perfectly working condition, since checkText returns either true or false (in case the component exists and so on).

But now i am facing the problem that i'd like to use an Action such as "Click" in my condition, like this:
if
    Button -> Click
then
    Do nothing
else
    Reload aplication

If i use it like that and Jubula isn't be able to click the button, it just marks the test as failed instead of executing the given else block.

Ofcourse, in this case i could just check for the buttons existence, but that was just an example.

greetings Marcel
Re: Using any Action as Condition within an if-then-else [message #1758881 is a reply to message #1758792] Tue, 04 April 2017 06:58 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Marcel,

in that case it makes sense to use the Event Handlers of Jubula. You could then simply create a Test Case containing ub_app_restart and define it as an 'Action Error' handler for your Test Case. For more info see [1].

Best regards,
Kevin

[1] https://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/userManual/tasks/ch03s27.html
Previous Topic:REST testing from Jubula
Next Topic:For each test case i need to restart the AUT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:40:58 GMT 2024