Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Jubula to Java Code(Storing the Value of the Component)
Jubula to Java Code [message #1758496] Wed, 29 March 2017 10:48 Go to next message
Mohana Priya Gajendran is currently offline Mohana Priya GajendranFriend
Hi all,

I am new to Jubula, and I want to test a RCP Application. I have successfully tested the RCP Application using Jubula Standalone Version 8.4.1.123.
I am able to store the value of the Button Component in a Variable the use it for further steps.

Now, I am trying to convert this to java code. I have imported all the jars in the api folder in the Jubula installation folder. I am able to make the button click, insert text and so on. But when I try to get the value of the button, I am unable to do it, since the store value property is missing in the component jar.
Can anyone help me out in this?

I have attached the Screen shot of my sample code.

Thanks in advance,
Mohana.
Re: Jubula to Java Code [message #1758552 is a reply to message #1758496] Thu, 30 March 2017 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
All TextComponent and its subclasses have the method "readValue()" which is getting the text of the component. Also there are things like "getValueAtMousePosition" for Tables. For these the "Result" is important. See example below.
This is not a real store property, but you can save the text value wherever you want. Or in other words the handling or storing of theses values you must implement yourself.

--> this is an example for your InputTextBox method
Result result = aut.execute(Inputbox.readValue(), null);
System.out.println(result.getReturnValue()); // now you can do everything with the text value of the component.

with regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: Jubula to Java Code [message #1758654 is a reply to message #1758552] Fri, 31 March 2017 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Marvin,
It worked for me and thank you so much for your time in sharing this to me.
It helped me a lot.

Thanks again
Mohana
Re: Jubula to Java Code [message #1758656 is a reply to message #1758552] Fri, 31 March 2017 10:01 Go to previous message
Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your time and it worked for me.
It helped at the right time thank you so much.

Regards,
Mohana Priya G
Previous Topic:Contribute some projects to only one project.
Next Topic:REST testing from Jubula
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:48:55 GMT 2024