Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Resolved: Where is the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks"
Resolved: Where is the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks" [message #1758186] Fri, 24 March 2017 12:43 Go to next message
Dominique Jean-Prost is currently offline Dominique Jean-ProstFriend
Hello,

I've been using eclipse oomph authoring for a few months now, and this morning, Eclipse got upgrade to neon.3 after using Help/Perform Setup tasks.

Eclipse then rebooted after upgrade, and now, the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks" is not there any more.

Can someone tell me where it went ? I can't find any information on the net regarding this topic.
Thanks
Dom

[Updated on: Fri, 24 March 2017 13:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where is the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks" [message #1758189 is a reply to message #1758186] Fri, 24 March 2017 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dominique Jean-Prost is currently offline Dominique Jean-ProstFriend
Well,

After upgrading oomph too, the menu went back.
Re: Where is the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks" [message #1759010 is a reply to message #1758189] Wed, 05 April 2017 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steffen Holzer is currently offline Steffen HolzerFriend

Not sure if it resolves your problem in the first place but:
Window>Preferences>Oomph>Setup Tasks: Check the "Show tool bar contributions" box

"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live" - John Woods
Re: Where is the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks" [message #1759018 is a reply to message #1759010] Wed, 05 April 2017 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Well, unfortunately Oxygen has been broken since M4 and is still currently broken. The bundle that causes it to break unfortunately also ended up in Neon.3 so it's broken now too. The latest 1.8 version of Oomph works with all this brokenness because I make the userstorage dependency optional, but unfortunately it's easy to end up with a broken neon.3 installation where Oomph's bundles are all disabled because the userstorage bundle can't load due to wiring problems. Sad

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Where is the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks" [message #1760558 is a reply to message #1759018] Fri, 28 April 2017 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Ed Merks wrote on Wed, 05 April 2017 09:50
Well, unfortunately Oxygen has been broken since M4 and is still currently broken. The bundle that causes it to break unfortunately also ended up in Neon.3 so it's broken now too. The latest 1.8 version of Oomph works with all this brokenness because I make the userstorage dependency optional, but unfortunately it's easy to end up with a broken neon.3 installation where Oomph's bundles are all disabled because the userstorage bundle can't load due to wiring problems. Sad

I think I'm experiencing this... is there a way to avoid/force that Oomph's bundles are all disabled?

Re: Where is the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks" [message #1760565 is a reply to message #1760558] Fri, 28 April 2017 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've still not done a milestone build; Eike is relatively unavailable at the moment. But if you use a nightly build installer it will install Oomph 1.8 and all should work well. Or just include the nightly build update site in the list of repos and it should install the latest which is from this site.

Ed Merks
Re: Where is the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks" [message #1760721 is a reply to message #1760565] Tue, 02 May 2017 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lorenzo Bettini is currently offline Lorenzo BettiniFriend
Thank you Ed, using the composite http://download.eclipse.org/oomph/updates in the setup fixes the problem (that includes nightly if I understand correctly). In general, is it safe to use this composite in your setups?

Re: Where is the menu entry "Perform Setup Tasks" [message #1760760 is a reply to message #1760721] Tue, 02 May 2017 16:36 Go to previous message
It would generally be better to use milestones, but we're quite careful not to commit so many bad commits. Razz

Ed Merks
Previous Topic:Oomph Installation folder name
Next Topic:TargletTask targletURIs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:45:53 GMT 2024