Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Drag outline color when dragging Views. Use of applicationCSS
Drag outline color when dragging Views. Use of applicationCSS [message #1758065] Thu, 23 March 2017 08:45 Go to next message
ChristianR Mising name is currently offline ChristianR Mising nameFriend
I have written about this a few years ago and added a new question a few days ago but the topic is not dragged to the top again so I repost it. The original is
https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/801500/

The summary is:
I am migrating an RCP application from 4.3 to 4.6.2. I am not explicitly using E4 functionality.
When dragging views there is a drag outline colored in grey by default and therefore almost invisible.

In RCP 4.3 I added a link to a CSS file in the org.eclipse.core.runtime.products extension point.
I have done this adding a property named "applicationCSS" to the product. The value pointed to the CSS file (like "platform:/plugin/<name of plugin containing the CSS file>/default.css)

The CSS file contained:

.DragFeedback {
background-color: #00FF00;
}

During migration to RCP 4.6.2 I have problems that the applicationCSS property is automatically removed by my Eclipse IDE without any notice. If I add it again the definitions in the CSS take no effect. The IDE will later again try to remove the property without notice.

Any ideas how to color the drag borders without fully migrating to E4?
Re: Drag outline color when dragging Views. Use of applicationCSS [message #1758126 is a reply to message #1758065] Thu, 23 March 2017 17:56 Go to previous message
ChristianR Mising name is currently offline ChristianR Mising nameFriend
It seems to be solved quite easily:
The Product Configuration has a tab Customization which was not there in RCP 4.3. On this page one can select a CSS stylesheet and synchronize this to the plugin.xml at the org.eclipse.core.runtime.products extension point.
I expect if this is not set in the product configuration the synchronization works the other way round to remove it from the plugin.xml
Previous Topic:Import Existing Projects doesnt use project name
Next Topic:View arrangement: Drop border colors and cursors
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:36:33 GMT 2024