Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Getting the "ClientArea" of an ExpandItem, i.e. knowing the trimmings
Getting the "ClientArea" of an ExpandItem, i.e. knowing the trimmings [message #1757971] Wed, 22 March 2017 12:48 Go to next message
ChristianR Mising name is currently offline ChristianR Mising nameFriend
I am using an ExpandBar and I am explicitly setting the ExpandItem heights to give optimal room for the preferred size of its content. (I am not using the standard layouting as I want to be able to distribute the available height the way I want if there is not enough vertical space).

When I set the ExpandItem height to a specific height, the ExpandItem is resized. However it is not resized to the height that I asked for but to 1 less on Windows 7 and 2 less on Linux with GTK3. Is there some way of getting these values in a generic way?

If I look into the source code it seems that the ExpandItem is subtracting an internal BORDER attribute if the ExpandBar "isAppThemed()". Neither isAppThemed() nor BORDER is publicly accessible.

Also I wonder if this describes the whole problem as the BORDER is defined in a non platform specific package and I get different results on Windows and Linux.

I think the question is clear but if anyone thinks he can help if there was a sample code I could create one.
Re: Getting the "ClientArea" of an ExpandItem, i.e. knowing the trimmings [message #1757973 is a reply to message #1757971] Wed, 22 March 2017 12:54 Go to previous message
ChristianR Mising name is currently offline ChristianR Mising nameFriend
Sorry for posting this three time. None of the postings ever completed in my browser. I am also not able to see this post on the computer I posted to the forum, only on another one.
Previous Topic:How to listen to WindowSelectionChange event in Word using OleControlSite?
Next Topic:Are long operations in the main thread allowed?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:40:58 GMT 2024