Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » 4DIAC: Use of layers in EMB_RES editor
4DIAC: Use of layers in EMB_RES editor [message #1757945] Wed, 22 March 2017 08:41 Go to next message
Lik Lik is currently offline Lik LikFriend
Hi,
I want to suggest new way to edit EMB_RES with use of layers without many Map\Unmap actions.
For example, we have system with many apps and FBs from these apps mapped to one EMB_RES.
index.php/fa/28817/0/
It turns out that it's very difficult to work with FBs from all apps in one window.

I suggest to use of layers when every app will be a layer.
For example if I want to view FBs from only one app I activate only one layer.
index.php/fa/28818/0/

• Attachment: EMB_RES_1.JPG
    (Size: 324.63KB, Downloaded 276 times)
  • Attachment: EMB_RES_2.JPG
    (Size: 268.21KB, Downloaded 243 times)
Re: 4DIAC: Use of layers in EMB_RES editor [message #1757966 is a reply to message #1757945] Wed, 22 March 2017 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Thank you for this suggestion. It sounds very interesting. For 1.9.0 we have done a first cleanup of the resource editor and removed the the top application part as a whole as for big applications the mapping is easier and more efficient to map via the context menu. But showing only application parts in resources is an interesting addition.

I think in your setup haveing more resources could be an interesting option. Have you tried that. Furthermore I think the new subapplication model will be good for you.

One final issue i have with your overlay, if I want to connect two application sthis will not work which I would find a shortcomming.
Re: 4DIAC: Use of layers in EMB_RES editor [message #1758054 is a reply to message #1757966] Thu, 23 March 2017 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lik Lik is currently offline Lik LikFriend
Quote:
I think in your setup haveing more resources could be an interesting option.

Yes, of course. But you need to consider that each resource is a new thread.

Quote:
Furthermore I think the new subapplication model will be good for you.

We decided to wait for the release 1.9.0 )

Quote:
One final issue i have with your overlay, if I want to connect two application sthis will not work which I would find a shortcomming.

I suggest to use of layers when every app will be a layer. And I will be able to activate any of the layers in any combination (any one, any two or every layers).
Re: 4DIAC: Use of layers in EMB_RES editor [message #1758060 is a reply to message #1758054] Thu, 23 March 2017 08:28 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Lik Lik wrote on Thu, 23 March 2017 08:13
Quote:
I think in your setup haveing more resources could be an interesting option.

Yes, of course. But you need to consider that each resource is a new thread.

That is one of the reasons I suggeted that. As it may make your applications more reactive as FBs from different applications will not block each other. But on resource limted devices the resoruce needs of a thread can be an issue.

Quote:
Furthermore I think the new subapplication model will be good for you.

We decided to wait for the release 1.9.0 )

We hope to have soon a next milestone release which can be used for users like you.

Quote:

I suggest to use of layers when every app will be a layer. And I will be able to activate any of the layers in any combination (any one, any two or every layers).

Good point. As said in my post i like your suggestion. But not sure that we'll be able to already consider it for 1.9.0 but an improved resource editor is definitly on our midterm roadmap.
Previous Topic:FBTester
Next Topic:mqtt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 15:42:36 GMT 2024