Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [Teneo] Mapping a combined primary key with teneo
[Teneo] Mapping a combined primary key with teneo [message #1757860] Mon, 20 March 2017 19:43 Go to next message
Felix S is currently offline Felix SFriend
Hi,

I have a generated DB-Scheme, which I want to operate on with ecore and Teneo/Hibernate. To do so, I created a similar ecore model. This worked good so far. But now I encounter a problem with a table (DataValue in this case), which has a combined primary key of three columns (see DataValue_PK) and this table being referenced by another table (ValueConstraintValue) with this combined primary key (see ValueCsnrValue_FK2).

The part of interest of the scheme looks like this
CREATE TABLE DataType (
	DataTypeID NVARCHAR2(128) NOT NULL,
	CONSTRAINT DataT_PK PRIMARY KEY(DataTypeID),
	-- skip some irrelevant stuff
);

CREATE TABLE DataValue (
	Value NVARCHAR2(512) NOT NULL,
	LanguageCode NVARCHAR2(85) NOT NULL,
	CONSTRAINT DataValue_PK PRIMARY KEY(DataTypeID, Value, LanguageCode),
	CONSTRAINT DataValue_FK FOREIGN KEY (DataTypeID)  REFERENCES DataType (DataTypeID)
);

CREATE TABLE ValueConstraintValue (
	Value NVARCHAR2(512) NOT NULL,
	LanguageCode NVARCHAR2(85) NOT NULL,
	ValueQID NVARCHAR2(128) NOT NULL,
	CONSTRAINT ValueCsnrValue_PK PRIMARY KEY(DataTypeID, Value, LanguageCode, ValueQID),
	CONSTRAINT ValueCsnrValue_FK1 FOREIGN KEY (ValueQID) REFERENCES ValueConstraint (ValueQID),
	CONSTRAINT ValueCsnrValue_FK2 FOREIGN KEY (DataTypeID, Value, LanguageCode) REFERENCES DataValue (DataTypeID, Value, LanguageCode)
);

CREATE TABLE ValueConstraint (
	ValueQID NVARCHAR2(128) NOT NULL,
	CONSTRAINT ValueCsnr_PK PRIMARY KEY(ValueQID),
	-- skip some more irrelevant stuff
);

Is there any chance, to reverse map this situation in ecore? I tried to annotate the DataValue-EClass with the Hibernate-Annotation @PrimaryKeyJoinColumns, but this didn't work.

As mentioned in the beginning, the scheme is generated by a tool, so I have few chances of altering the scheme, since it would affect other things in the scheme. So I hope, there is a solution for this problem.

Best regards
Re: [Teneo] Mapping a combined primary key with teneo [message #1757867 is a reply to message #1757860] Mon, 20 March 2017 23:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Felix,
Yes this is possible. You have to create a separate java class (does not need to be an eobject) and use it to encapsulate the primary key columns.

This ecore model here:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/teneo/org.eclipse.emf.teneo.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.emf.teneo.samples/src/org/eclipse/emf/teneo/samples/emf/annotations/compositeid?h=2.1.0

shows an example of a composite id with 2 eattributes. The PersonID class encapsulates the 2 columns. Note the implementation of the equals and hash methods, this is important to do correctly. Here is the test class:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/teneo/org.eclipse.emf.teneo.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.emf.teneo.commontest/src/org/eclipse/emf/teneo/test/emf/annotations/CompositeFKIdAction.java?h=2.1.0

Here is another example if the primary key fields include a foreign key:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/teneo/org.eclipse.emf.teneo.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.emf.teneo.samples/src/org/eclipse/emf/teneo/samples/emf/annotations/compositefkid?h=2.1.0

and here is its related testclass:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/teneo/org.eclipse.emf.teneo.git/tree/tests/org.eclipse.emf.teneo.commontest/src/org/eclipse/emf/teneo/test/emf/annotations/CompositeFKIdAction.java?h=2.1.0

gr. Martin
Re: [Teneo] Mapping a combined primary key with teneo [message #1757892 is a reply to message #1757867] Tue, 21 March 2017 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Martin,

thanks for the quick response Smile

I implemented that ID-Class as suggested and annotated the DataValue-EClass as following

@IdClass(teneo.test.DataValueID)
@PrimaryKeyJoinColumns({
	@PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name="DataTypeID"),
	@PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name="Value"),
	@PrimaryKeyJoinColumn(name="LanguageCode")
})

Regenerating and running this adjusted code gives me the following Exception:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
  Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Foreign key (valueconstraintvalue_datavalue:valueconstraintvalue [datatypeid,value,languagecode])) must have same number of columns as the referenced primary key (datavalue [e_id])

In the log I see also a message, saying that the PrimaryKeyJoinColumn-Annotation is ignored, since DataValue is a root in the class hierarchy.

Mär 21, 2017 11:47:17 AM org.eclipse.emf.teneo.hibernate.mapper.EntityMapper processEntity
WARNUNG: This entity (DataValue is the root in the class hierarchy and has a pk joincolum annotation, this is not correct, ignoring pk joincolumn annotation

I thought, that PrimaryKeyJoinColumns-Annotation is allowed for root class in an one-to-one-association, isn't it? Did I missed something?

Best regards
Re: [Teneo] Mapping a combined primary key with teneo [message #1759710 is a reply to message #1757892] Mon, 17 April 2017 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Felix,
Later response (I don't get notifications from the forum it seems on replies). The primarykeyjoincolumn is needed to join a subclass to the root class table. But in this case I don't see a root-class-table in your database schema. So the DataValue should be the root of the class-hierarchy and would not need a primary key join column. Only an @IdClass annotation.

gr. Martn

Re: [Teneo] Mapping a combined primary key with teneo [message #1760304 is a reply to message #1759710] Tue, 25 April 2017 16:04 Go to previous message
yes, you're right. Without PrimaryKeyJoinColumn it works fine. Thanks
Previous Topic:the diagram components messy when opened in editor
Next Topic:[CDO] Wiki Performances tips
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:47:12 GMT 2024