Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Router Setup(eclipse cannot access remote CVS repositries )
Router Setup [message #1756496] Fri, 17 March 2017 19:59 Go to next message
Iain Renton is currently offline Iain RentonFriend
Hi Everyone,
I've just installed eclipse on Fedora 25 and was trying to access the eclipse CVS repository following the the tutorial. I got the following error message:-

>>Unable to Validate
>>Error validating location: "Could not connect to: pserver:anonymous@dev.eclipse.org: I/O exception occurred...

I'm also getting errors on my router, so I assume I need to configure my router to work with eclipse, what ports does eclipse use by default?

Thanks in advance
Iain
Re: Router Setup [message #1756499 is a reply to message #1756496] Fri, 17 March 2017 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Which "eclipse CVS repository" are you trying to access? Pretty much everything that was hosted via CVS has transitioned to SVN or git instead, with CVS having been set to read only years ago, and possibly no longer even running as a service at this point.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Router Setup [message #1756512 is a reply to message #1756499] Sat, 18 March 2017 09:00 Go to previous message
Iain Renton is currently offline Iain RentonFriend
Hi Nitin,

I was following the tutorial when I ran into this problem, if CVS is no longer used I can forget about it and concentrate on GIT and SVN.

Thanks, Iain
Previous Topic:Eclipse Startup error , Java?
Next Topic:Eclipse auto-complete issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:33:41 GMT 2024