Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Display Requirements in all other diagrams
Display Requirements in all other diagrams [message #1756467] Fri, 17 March 2017 11:07 Go to next message
Andreas Pleuss is currently offline Andreas PleussFriend
Hi,

I would like to display (SysML 1.4) Requirements in other diagrams, e.g., State Machine Diagram, to show the relationships between, e.g., States and Requirements. Currently this seems not to be possible for all diagram types as some (e.g., State Machine) do not allow to display Classes?

Is it possible via viewpoint definition to define a custom diagram that uses State Machine Diagram as a base and allows to drop Requirements into it?

Best regards,
Andreas

Re: Display Requirements in all other diagrams [message #1756469 is a reply to message #1756467] Fri, 17 March 2017 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi Andreas,

No, there is no viewpoint configuration that I am aware of that would provide this function
but you may code your custom drop using this extension point: org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.gmfdiag.dnd.dropStrategy
Many examples in the org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.dnd plugins https://git.eclipse.org/c/papyrus/org.eclipse.papyrus.git/tree/plugins/uml/diagram/org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.dnd/src/org/eclipse/papyrus/uml/diagram/dnd/strategy

Basically, you will be able to display a SysML 1.4 Requirement anywhere you can display its metaclass (Class)
On the specific State Machine use case, the code in org.eclipse.papyrus.uml.diagram.statemachine.custom.policies.CustomStateMachineDiagramDragDropEditPolicy
forbid to drop anything in the region that is not (semantically) owned by the region.

Maybe this should be changed, I don't know what are the UML norm restriction for StateMachine diagram.

Regards,
Benoît

Re: Display Requirements in all other diagrams [message #1757833 is a reply to message #1756469] Mon, 20 March 2017 14:21 Go to previous message
Andreas Pleuss is currently offline Andreas PleussFriend
Hi Benoît,
Many thanks for your reply.
I was thinking about displaying the requirements outside the Region / State Machine itself (as they are not contained there), but displaying them inside the region is probably fine as well.

Quote:
Maybe this should be changed, I don't know what are the UML norm restriction for StateMachine diagram.

In general, the SysML specification says that requirements can be displayed on any diagram to show its relationship to other elements (Section 16.3.1.4 in SysML 1.4 Spec). So this raises the same issue for other diagram types that do not allow to display classes, such as Sequence Diagram or IBD.

An alternative representation would be via Callout notation but I think that is not supported in Papyrus yet, is it?
Previous Topic:Attach CSS to Profile plugin
Next Topic:To SYML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:42:44 GMT 2024