Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » LDT crashes immediately in debug mode(debugger bug-report)
LDT crashes immediately in debug mode [message #1756369] Thu, 16 March 2017 00:25 Go to next message
Cecilia Mauceri is currently offline Cecilia MauceriFriend
I've tried to run and debug a hello world script in both Eclipse Neon with LDT and with the LDT direct installation.

It runs fine, but in debug mode, I always get a pop-up with the message

Quote:
'Launching hello_world' has encountered a problem. Debugger process has unexpectedly terminated.

Additionally, an exception is printed in the console window.

Quote:
Debugger v1.4.0
Debugger: Trying to connect to 127.0.0.1:10000 ...
Debugger: Connection succeed.
Exception in thread "main" com.naef.jnlua.LuaRuntimeException: ....eclipse.osgi/175/0/.cp/script/external/debugger.lua:996: attempt to index local 'cmd_args' (a nil value)
at com.naef.jnlua.LuaState.lua_pcall(Native Method)
at com.naef.jnlua.LuaState.call(LuaState.java:555)
at org.eclipse.ldt.support.lua51.internal.interpreter.JNLua51Launcher$2.run(JNLua51Launcher.java:77)
at org.eclipse.ldt.support.lua51.internal.interpreter.JNLua51Launcher.run(JNLua51Launcher.java:108)
at org.eclipse.ldt.support.lua51.internal.interpreter.JNLua51DebugLauncher.main(JNLua51DebugLauncher.java:24)

Is this a problem with my debug configuration? How can I fix it?

My Hello World script

print("Hello World")

My debug configuration has nothing special.
-Interpreter is LUA 5.2 on JNLua.
-No script arguments
-No interpreter arguments

Other details
-OS Sierra 10.12.3
-MacBook Pro
-Problem occurs with both Lua Development Tools and Eclipse IDE for Java Developers Version: Neon Release (4.6.0) with LDT installed through Marketplace

I've seen the post about the debugger crash with Torch and Mars, but my exception is different, and I'm not running Mars or Torch.

p.s. the quote formatting here is crazy Razz
Re: LDT crashes immediately in debug mode [message #1756391 is a reply to message #1756369] Thu, 16 March 2017 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
I tested on my side with a fresh install and it works for me. (I'm on debian testing 64bits)
It's strange because cmd_args should never be nil, could you :
- activate DBGP logging in ldt launchconfiguration
- launch your app in debug
- copy past here what you see in ScriptDebuglog view.

Re: LDT crashes immediately in debug mode [message #1756421 is a reply to message #1756391] Thu, 16 March 2017 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Script Debug Log view reads:

TERMINATE from org.eclipse.ldt.debug.core.internal.LuaDebugTarget

Re: LDT crashes immediately in debug mode [message #1758293 is a reply to message #1756421] Mon, 27 March 2017 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
This is not the whole log, isn't it ?
Re: LDT crashes immediately in debug mode [message #1758318 is a reply to message #1758293] Mon, 27 March 2017 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I believe that was the log the first time I ran it. I was also surprised by its shortness. I reran it just in case, and I got three further lines

TERMINATE from org.eclipse.dltk.launching.process.ScriptRuntimeProcess
CHANGE from org.eclipse.dltk.launching.process.ScriptRuntimeProcess
TERMINATE from org.eclipse.ldt.debug.core.internal.LuaDebugTarget

(Screen shot attached)
Re: LDT crashes immediately in debug mode [message #1758321 is a reply to message #1758318] Mon, 27 March 2017 16:33 Go to previous message
I may have a solution, although I cannot say for sure whether this is causal or coincidental. Shortly after the previous post, I upgraded my Java version. Now, the debugger works fine.

Other possible changes:
- I upgraded to Sierra (OS X 10.12) from El Capitan (OS X 10.11) but I didn't initially realize that the nvcc (CUDA compiler) also has an update for Sierra so that it can work with Apple LLVM version 8.0.0 (clang-800.0.42.1). I rolled back my clang to version 7 to be compatible with my old nvcc and used that to install torch. Since then, I have updated my CUDA distribution and reinstalled torch with clang 8.
- I restarted my computer. I didn't restart after my first torch installation.

Thanks for the help. Sorry that I can't nail down my solution more clearly.
Previous Topic:Debug Globals a bit of a mess
Next Topic:Empty outline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:25:22 GMT 2024