Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » RPi3 IX & QX error(Could not read/write)
RPi3 IX & QX error [message #1756235] Tue, 14 March 2017 12:05 Go to next message
Adrian Orive is currently offline Adrian OriveFriend
I installed FORTE on a RPi3 following Building FORTE on the RPI section here.

NOTE: bin/posix/ dir was empty, the src/ dir was at org.eclipse.4diac.forte/ dir directly.

After executing FORTE, I was able to deply the app in the link provided and by monitoring E_SR's Q I can see how it toggles properly but the led is not blinking nor the button turns it off. Forcing true at E_SWITCH_0's G stops E_SR's stopped, and clearing the force allows it to toggle again.

So the IX and QX blocks are the ones not working. Their QO are set to false and their status to COULD NOT READ/WRITE depending on their type.
Re: RPi3 IX & QX error [message #1756280 is a reply to message #1756235] Tue, 14 March 2017 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

As pointed out already somewhere in the forum. The current implemetnation for IOs on the Raspi requires read and write access to the sysfs. This is located under: /sys/class/gpio/
Normally not all users have access to this part of the file system. So in order to get the IO acess working you need to run FORTE as root/sudo, which I would not recommend or add the user you are running FORTE with to the group that has access to this part of the filesystem.

I hope this helps,
Alois
Re: RPi3 IX & QX error [message #1756301 is a reply to message #1756280] Wed, 15 March 2017 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Orive is currently offline Adrian OriveFriend
Thank you for your answer. I actually discovered this myself a bit after posting but as it was pending moderation I could not delete the post.
Re: RPi3 IX & QX error [message #1756362 is a reply to message #1756301] Wed, 15 March 2017 20:41 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

No problem. Unfortunately initial post currently take a little bit of time.
Previous Topic:ANY not compatible with ANY
Next Topic:FORTE: the initial size of the event chain's external event list.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:49:19 GMT 2024