Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How do I rename the workspace and have eclipse update the underlying location for the resources
How do I rename the workspace and have eclipse update the underlying location for the resources [message #1756181] Mon, 13 March 2017 14:59 Go to next message
Jaskiran Saini is currently offline Jaskiran SainiFriend
Eclipse Luna
Need to rename a workspace "Name 1" to Name1.

When I just rename the workspace folder and start eclipse referring to the newly renamed folder workspace, it gives me resource missing exception. None of the resource locations are updated and still refer to the old name.
ANywhere I can change that to reflect the new location(with the renamed folder)? Pls guide
Re: How do I rename the workspace and have eclipse update the underlying location for the resources [message #1760771 is a reply to message #1756181] Tue, 02 May 2017 18:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arham Jain is currently offline Arham JainFriend
Did u get any help ? I am also looking for the same thing
Re: How do I rename the workspace and have eclipse update the underlying location for the resources [message #1838687 is a reply to message #1760771] Wed, 03 March 2021 15:14 Go to previous message
Jason Taylor is currently offline Jason TaylorFriend
Has anyone figured this out?

I ran into the same problem.

I renamed my workspace folder from the command line and that broke everything.

I ended up starting a new workspace in an empty directory, then importing the projects from the original directory.

It seems to work, but now I have 2 directories instead of one.
Previous Topic:When I select dark theme, I can't read anything
Next Topic:DMG file for RCP Product using tycho
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:36:26 GMT 2024