Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [EMF Forms] : EEnum ComboCellEditor in TableControl?
[EMF Forms] : EEnum ComboCellEditor in TableControl? [message #1756077] Fri, 10 March 2017 16:23 Go to next message
Erwin De Ley is currently offline Erwin De LeyFriend
For a model entity containing an EEnum property, EMF Forms shows a nice combo to pick one of the available enum values.

But when showing such entities in a TableControl, enums are rendered using plain StringCellEditors it appears.

I've been trying to figure out the situation and found a.o. org.eclipse.emf.ecp.edit.internal.swt.controls.EEnumControl to get some inspiration. But this one is not used for the combo in a form neither it seems?
(at least it was not reached during my debugging...)

When looking for the available implementations of ECPCellEditor, I can indeed not find one that would create a combo cell editor (I see text, number, date impls e.g.)

Is this already available somewhere in an extension bundle for ECP or EMF Forms?
If not, is there a fundamental reason to prevent adding this, or is it just because it was not requested/needed yet?

And for my background info : where can I find the renderer/control that makes sure that a combo is used in a standard EMF Forms form, for an EEnum?

many thanks!
erwin

P.s. in attach a screenshot showing a "port" entity in a table control with a direction enum property (potential values like DEFAULT, NORTH, SOUTH, ....). When opening a dialog to configure a port instance from that table, the direction becomes a combo.

index.php/fa/28733/0/
Re: [EMF Forms] : EEnum ComboCellEditor in TableControl? [message #1756107 is a reply to message #1756077] Sat, 11 March 2017 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonas Helming is currently offline Jonas HelmingFriend
Hi Erwin,

I know for sure that we have a drop down implementation for tables, because we recently improved it a lot. Could be, that it is still on a feature branch, though. Could you kindly open a Bug Report for this so we can check and let you know, where it is available.

Thanks!

Best regards
Jonas

--
Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/

--
Jonas Helming
Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Re: [EMF Forms] : EEnum ComboCellEditor in TableControl? [message #1756200 is a reply to message #1756107] Mon, 13 March 2017 19:05 Go to previous message
Erwin De Ley is currently offline Erwin De LeyFriend
Thanks Jonas, that would be good news!

I've created https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=513592

cheers
erwin
Previous Topic:EMF Forms: Format correctly a custom field
Next Topic:[EMF Transaction] How to correctly handle changes on the file level in EMF?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:53:59 GMT 2024