Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » TypeSymbolDefinition(Using TypeSymbolDefinition on Actors)
TypeSymbolDefinition [message #1756028] Fri, 10 March 2017 09:25 Go to next message
THEOBALD Maurice is currently offline THEOBALD MauriceFriend
Hello,

When the stereotype TypeSymbolDefinition is applied on an Actor and a shape filepath is set in the Symbol attribute, this shape cannot be used to replace the Actor default shape.
This shape is displayed only on the ActorParts.
To get the shape on the Actor and on the ActorPart, I have to duplicate the declaration of the shape and proceed like this example:
1// Apply a CSS on the Actor like that :
.mycustom_shape
{
svgFile:"platform:/resource/my_path_myshape/shape.svg";
}

2// set the Symbol attribute of TypeSymbolDefinition to :
"platform:/resource/my_path_myshape/shape.svg"

Is there any possibilities to proceed differently and avoid a double declaration of the shape and possible inconsistencies ?

PS
There is a bad workaround that consist in setting with a CSS a wrong svgFile for all the Actor like this :
Actor
{
svgFile:"platform:/nopath/filenotfound.svg";
}
This cause an exception, but the shape of the Actor match the shape set in the TypeSymbolDefinition symbol attribute.
Of course this workaround cannot be used because first is slows down Papyryus, and second, all the Actors without a symbol set throught TypeSymbolDefinition are not displayed.

Re: TypeSymbolDefinition [message #1756030 is a reply to message #1756028] Fri, 10 March 2017 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
I know that the actor is already a shape. I wonder if this is not a more general problem about overloading symbol. Have added a bug for this point?

Patrick
Re: TypeSymbolDefinition [message #1756031 is a reply to message #1756030] Fri, 10 March 2017 09:45 Go to previous message
THEOBALD Maurice is currently offline THEOBALD MauriceFriend
Hello Patrick,

I think that you can add a bug for this point, to get the behaviour consistent even when symbols are overloaded.
Previous Topic:Associations intersections
Next Topic:interaction use "tutorial" and examples
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:55:56 GMT 2024