Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to manipulate size of custem widgets in properties view
How to manipulate size of custem widgets in properties view [message #1755911] Thu, 09 March 2017 09:40 Go to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi,

I try to add a custom widget in the properties view. The widget is a embedded xtext editor. So far, I get the editor displayed but too small. (Only showing one line of text.)

I'm not too familiar with EEF so this might be a very silly question but how can I arrange the widget to occupy more space?

Attached you'll find a picture of the editor with the properties view.

Greetings,
Wilbert.
  • Attachment: capture.png
    (Size: 24.43KB, Downloaded 225 times)
Re: How to manipulate size of custem widgets in properties view [message #1755924 is a reply to message #1755911] Thu, 09 March 2017 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

Good job plugin Xtext in the Sirius Properties View!

In order to make your widget take more space, you don't anything specific for EEF, it's just a regular SWT/JFace problem. I think that you could use the same behavior as our TextArea widget. In the grid data of our widget, we are specifying a heightHint to tell SWT the minimum height that we would like to use.

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo
Re: How to manipulate size of custem widgets in properties view [message #1755925 is a reply to message #1755924] Thu, 09 March 2017 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wilbert Alberts is currently offline Wilbert AlbertsFriend
Hi Stephane,

Thanks man! Worked straight out of the box.

Greetings,
Wilbert.
Re: How to manipulate size of custem widgets in properties view [message #1784630 is a reply to message #1755925] Fri, 30 March 2018 22:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Louis Detweiler is currently offline Louis DetweilerFriend
How did you embed the XText editor into the properties panel? I'm trying to do the same and can't figure it out. Your help would be much appreciated.
Re: How to manipulate size of custem widgets in properties view [message #1784636 is a reply to message #1784630] Sat, 31 March 2018 08:46 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

The starting point is the EmbeddedXtextEditor, which has evolved since I first adapted it for ConsoleView embedding five years ago, so I cannot recommend that you use the OCL Xtext Console code as an example. Search for other example uses.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Breaking up a domain model
Next Topic:The difference between open the diagram editor for the first time and open it for the second time
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:50:44 GMT 2024