Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse auto-complete issue(Can't get auto-complete to work with "sysout" ctrl-space)
Eclipse auto-complete issue [message #1755754] Tue, 07 March 2017 14:21 Go to next message
Gus GF is currently offline Gus GFFriend
Just installed Eclipse on my laptop and tested the installation fine.

I'm used to using "sysout" and ctrl-space to autocomplete but on this new installation I'm not getting the autocomplete to work as it does on my desktop which is to complete the line. Please see attached screen shot of what happens when I ctrl-space.

• Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 14.88KB, Downloaded 571 times)

I am using Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2) on Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64-bit.
Re: Eclipse auto-complete issue [message #1755779 is a reply to message #1755754] Wed, 08 March 2017 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I wonder if something is configured differently. I.e., in Windows -> Preferences -> Java -> Editor -> Content Assist -> Advanced, which proposals are check marked? In general, are any of these Content Assist preferences different between your laptop and desktop workspaces?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Eclipse auto-complete issue [message #1756517 is a reply to message #1755779] Sat, 18 March 2017 14:21 Go to previous message
Gus GF is currently offline Gus GFFriend
Been away for awhile.

Just got it working. A window popped up when I did ctrl-space asking if I wanted to turn on code completion, and answering this sorted my issue out.

Thanks for you help thouigh

I am using Luna Service Release 2 (4.4.2) on Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon 64-bit.
Previous Topic:Router Setup
Next Topic:Default Facet for dependent projects of a Web Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:37:33 GMT 2024