Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » NatTable » Using Filtering and Sorting with TreeList.Format ( Tree )
Using Filtering and Sorting with TreeList.Format ( Tree ) [message #1755631] Mon, 06 March 2017 12:00 Go to next message
Bartosz Szczypien is currently offline Bartosz SzczypienFriend
Is this possible to use Filtering and Sorting with Tree?
I have custom TreeList.Format, 2 level tree with sorting and filtering features but:
- sorting doesnt work at all (only arrows on headers changes on click, the rows stays not changed)
- filtering works when it is first used, when i remove the filtered word, the entire table become blank (the behaviour seems to be buggy)

I would appreciate any working example or tips how make it working
I can add here more code if needed
Re: Using Filtering and Sorting with TreeList.Format ( Tree ) [message #1755633 is a reply to message #1755631] Mon, 06 March 2017 12:14 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
It is possible but surely a more complicated topic. Especially because there is no real tree, which is probably the reason why you see an empty list when you start filtering.

Nevertheless it works as you can see in the GroupBy related examples where we combined the functions to filter and sort additionally to the grouping that can be applied dynamically. The complicated thing is to understand that you have a Comparator necessary to set up the tree structure and you want to add another Comparator for sorting. We also have an example for that. For filtering you need to check what is filtered actually.

Please have a look at the Integration Examples in our NatTable Examples Application to get an idea what is possible and how to achieve things. Although an example for a simple tree that supports filtering and sorting is not included as far as I can remember.
Previous Topic:How to use a filter on a NatTable without headers (neither column nor row)
Next Topic:Multiline text cell editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:38:16 GMT 2024