Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Pivot's OCL and ATL's OCL compatibility
Pivot's OCL and ATL's OCL compatibility [message #1755566] Sun, 05 March 2017 19:32 Go to next message
meriem lahr is currently offline meriem lahrFriend
Hi all,

Im writing an ATL HOT transformation that transforms constraints embedded in an Ecore metamodel to equivalent ATL helpers. The input metamodel conforms to the Pivot metamodel and the output transformation conforms to the ATL metamodel.

For the moment I can generate the helpers for very simple constraints. But it seems this is a little bit complicated for general OCL Expressions since they are defined differently in Pivot and ATL metamodelsö.

Is there a way to impose that the OCL input constraints are ATL-compatible. Else, where can I find a documentation about mappings between Pivot's OCL and ATL's OCL (if it exists)?

Thank you very much

Meri

[Updated on: Mon, 06 March 2017 11:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Pivot's OCL and ATL's OCL compatibility [message #1755654 is a reply to message #1755566] Mon, 06 March 2017 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
louis andia. is currently offline louis andia.Friend
meriem lahr wrote on Sun, 05 March 2017 19:32

Is there a way to impose that the OCL input constraints are ATL-compatible. i

Hi,

Maybe you can doing that by making a refinement on your Pivot model before to transform it to ATL?
Re: Pivot's OCL and ATL's OCL compatibility [message #1755789 is a reply to message #1755566] Wed, 08 March 2017 08:49 Go to previous message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

meriem lahr wrote on Sun, 05 March 2017 20:32
Is there a way to impose that the OCL input constraints are ATL-compatible.

You can run a "checking" transformation before the actual HOT that generates errors for OCL expressions that cannot be translated to ATL. This is the approach that the ATL compiler uses for semantically incorrect ATL expressions (See ATLWFR.atl and how it is used by AtlToEmftvmCompiler, AtlBuildVisitor, and MarkerMaker to annotate the source code with error markers).

meriem lahr wrote on Sun, 05 March 2017 20:32
where can I find a documentation about mappings between Pivot's OCL and ATL's OCL (if it exists)?

You are the first to try this, so you can document your research on this Wink. ATL's OCL syntax is based on the OCL 2.0 spec, and the mapping from OCL concrete syntax to the ATL metamodel is defined in ATL.tcs.

Cheers,
Dennis
Previous Topic:Running ATL transformation on UML model outside of Eclipse
Next Topic:Some Question of ATL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:04:55 GMT 2024