Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » User defined key binding in e4 RCP
User defined key binding in e4 RCP [message #1755528] Sun, 05 March 2017 00:36 Go to next message
Alex W is currently offline Alex WFriend
Hello,

I need to give my users the ability to customize the key binding of commands.
Theses commands are created using standard fragment. They have default keybinding in binding table, but some user want to remap it.

Is there any way I can create a preference page (like the eclipse one) to allows such a modification of keyboard shortcuts ?

If so, what service can I use to programmatically change the bindingtable ?

Thanks
Re: User defined key binding in e4 RCP [message #1786021 is a reply to message #1755528] Tue, 24 April 2018 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Erik  Lundström is currently offline Erik LundströmFriend
Alex,
I am facing similar challenges for the project I am working on. This project has been migrated to pure e4 during the last year, but still lacks some functionality.
Similar to you, I would like to be able to give users ability to customize the key bindings of commands. I guess to mimic the way the "old" e3 preference page named "Keys" worked would be the optimal solution.
Have you yet found a solution? If there is one out there, it would be great to not have to re-invent the wheel again ;)
Kind regards
Erik
Re: User defined key binding in e4 RCP [message #1786102 is a reply to message #1786021] Wed, 25 April 2018 15:34 Go to previous message
Erik  Lundström is currently offline Erik LundströmFriend
Hello again,
I actually started the work on this myself. Once it is accomplished, I can publish the solution on Github if it is of interest.
//Erik
Previous Topic:How to auto start command ?
Next Topic:Issue with the save command
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:24:31 GMT 2024