Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Should I need to start Eclipse twice for RCP support?
Should I need to start Eclipse twice for RCP support? [message #1755442] Fri, 03 March 2017 11:59 Go to next message
Kev James is currently offline Kev JamesFriend
Hi,
As you may have seen from a couple of other posts, I'm working on getting Jenkins to build my plugin, stand up a brand new Eclipse environment, and run my Jubula Test Suite.

What I'm seeing right now is that when I create my new environment (unzip eclipse to new directory), copy the org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp plugin over, and modify config.ini, I still need to start Eclipse twice to get the plugin to register/start up correctly.

The first time I start Eclipse, I get the org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp plugin listed in installation details. Second time I get:

org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.common
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.e4
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.e4.swt
org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.swt

At this point it will connect to Jubula as an AUT.
Is there a way to get all these plugins to be 'installed' on the first run? Or do I need to get my jenkins test to start, stop, start eclipse?

Cheers,
KEv.
Re: Should I need to start Eclipse twice for RCP support? [message #1755444 is a reply to message #1755442] Fri, 03 March 2017 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Irfan Khaliq is currently offline Irfan KhaliqFriend
Yes. I have observed the same behavior with Jubula 8.4.
Re: Should I need to start Eclipse twice for RCP support? [message #1755612 is a reply to message #1755444] Mon, 06 March 2017 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kev James is currently offline Kev JamesFriend
I discovered that if you run eclipse.exe with the "-intialize" parameter, rather than "-clean", it will do the same as clean, but as soon as it has initialized, it will exit. So this appears to be the way to install/register the full set of jubula plugins before running eclipse as the AUT.

Still other problems, but will start other threads to keep this one clean.
Re: Should I need to start Eclipse twice for RCP support? [message #1755737 is a reply to message #1755612] Tue, 07 March 2017 10:27 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hello Kev,

when we test RCP applications, we add the plugin as a part of the build process:
http://testing.bredex.de/files/content/software/documentation/userManual/toolkit/ch04s03s03.html#setting-up-an-rcp-aut

Perhaps that could help?

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:How to test a re-appearing panel?
Next Topic:Cannot start test execution after updating to version 8.4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:56:48 GMT 2024