Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Change in class diagram layout with Papyrus v2.0
Change in class diagram layout with Papyrus v2.0 [message #1755412] Fri, 03 March 2017 07:31 Go to next message
Marc FLAUW is currently offline Marc FLAUWFriend
Dear all,

I noticed when I moved from Papyrus v1.1.3 to v2.0.2 that all the labels in class diagrams have moved.
I made this short reproducer using Papyrus v1.1.3:
index.php/fa/28642/0/

Now I create a different workspace and copy the 3 papyrus files to it and import them as a project using Papyrus v2.0.2.
The resulting class diagram is:
index.php/fa/28643/0/

The differences are clear:

• The association line is no longer vertical
  • The class name has moved
  • The class multiplicities have moved

What are the reasons for such change?
Any way to avoid this?

Best regards,

Marc

Re: Change in class diagram layout with Papyrus v2.0 [message #1755634 is a reply to message #1755412] Mon, 06 March 2017 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi Marc,
If I remember good between these versions, Papyrus changed the routers, the calculus of the bendpoints and anchors. So this is probably the reason of this change. There is no tricks to avoid this side effect.
It can also come from:

1. a routing defined by a CSS. Maybe the value changed or the CSS has not been found
  2. snap to grid attribute set to true in Mars and to false in Neon (property available in the diagram property view. This property is stored in your workspace, so changing workspace changes this value.

Re: Change in class diagram layout with Papyrus v2.0 [message #1755719 is a reply to message #1755634] Tue, 07 March 2017 08:47 Go to previous message
Marc FLAUW is currently offline Marc FLAUWFriend
Hi Vincent,

Thanks. I don't have "set to grid" set neither in Mars nor in Neon, so this is not the cause.
I think your first sentence is likely to be the reason, so I will update all my diagrams by hand Sad
Previous Topic:Extending themes
Next Topic:SysML: wrong model validation result?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:29:06 GMT 2024