Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Thing Added/Removed notification
Thing Added/Removed notification [message #1755404] Fri, 03 March 2017 03:05 Go to next message
Tim Roberts is currently offline Tim RobertsFriend
If I have a bridge handler - is there a way to be notified when child things are added/removed?

I know there is a thingRegistry.addRegistryChangeListener - but that doesn't appear to be a public api method (Access Restriction...is not API).

What's the correct way of doing this (or do I just turn off that warning and use it anyway)?
Re: Thing Added/Removed notification [message #1755414 is a reply to message #1755404] Fri, 03 March 2017 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
You should not care to much about child things themselves, usually you want to know as soon as there is a handler instance up and running (which automatically happens if new child things are created anyway).

And you are informed about initialized and disposed handlers, see BridgeHandler.childHandlerInitialized() and BridgeHandler.childHandlerDisposed().
Re: Thing Added/Removed notification [message #1755449 is a reply to message #1755414] Fri, 03 March 2017 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's exactly what I needed - thanks!

Side question - I have a bridge channel that can potentially include information from a child thing channel - is it possible for the bridge to listen for state update notifications from a child?
Re: Thing Added/Removed notification [message #1755470 is a reply to message #1755449] Fri, 03 March 2017 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Not directly, but as the bridge handler receives the child handler, it has a change to register itself as a listener (with some custom interface specific to your binding) on it.
Re: Thing Added/Removed notification [message #1755493 is a reply to message #1755470] Fri, 03 March 2017 19:27 Go to previous message
Yep - that's the approach I took actually. Thanks
Previous Topic:How to Pre-populate "Location Field" for Thing in Paper UI's autodiscover Inbox
Next Topic:[solved]WhowTo make Translation files being used?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:23:58 GMT 2024