Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to test a re-appearing panel?(How to test a auto-hiding panel brought visible with a mouse movement?)
icon5.gif  How to test a re-appearing panel? [message #1755235] Wed, 01 March 2017 11:31 Go to next message
Ilkka Nieminen is currently offline Ilkka NieminenFriend
Use case:
A menu panel (Swing) is created and shown when mouse is moved near the edge of the screen. The menu panel has multiple icons (buttons etc.) to launch other GUI components. Initially, after logging in to the application, there are no other GUI components present. After selection is done or mouse is moved away from the menu panel, the menu panel is disposed.

Stack:
Jubula Version: 8.4.1.123, Felix, Swing, Java 8

Question:
How to test this kind of re-appearing menu panel with Jubula when initially there is no visible component to link with?

What I've tried:
Moving mouse would be the most logic approach but there is no moveMouse(int, x, int y) in Jubula. Therefore I wrote a public static void moveMouse(Integer x, Integer y) -method into AUT for moving the mouse around. However, invoking the method with ub_rfl_invoke only results in ClassNotFoundException. I'm betting that's due to Felix (OSGi) having its own ClassLoader.
Running an image recognition based test case (Sikuli) to move the mouse would resolve the issue, but I'd rather avoid having test cases based on image recognition since each desktop in the test environment may have it's own visual appearance (Different OS etc.).
Re: How to test a re-appearing panel? [message #1755323 is a reply to message #1755235] Thu, 02 March 2017 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello,

You are correct that the problem might be with the Felix osgi.

But you do not need to implement your own action for this, you can use also the action Click in Active Window(or all other click actions) with the click count set to 0, than we are only moving the mouse to the position.

regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: How to test a re-appearing panel? [message #1755588 is a reply to message #1755323] Mon, 06 March 2017 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello!

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the suggested solution is not viable in our use case since there isn't any window to move the mouse into.

The window is created based on mouse location. The window does not exist before the mouse is moved to the edge of the screen. In this case, the moveMouse(int x, int y) operation would be a really helpful feature to have in Jubula.

Are there any other workarounds for this?

Best regards,
Ilkka

Re: How to test a re-appearing panel? [message #1755599 is a reply to message #1755588] Mon, 06 March 2017 09:17 Go to previous message
Hi!

We now have a SikuliX task moving the mouse around as necessary => Problem circumvented successfully.

(IMHO, the moveMouse feature really ought to be a part of Jubula.)

Thanks again for the quick reply, appreciated!

Regards,
Ilkka
Previous Topic:Jubula test from Jenkins fails
Next Topic:Should I need to start Eclipse twice for RCP support?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:35:36 GMT 2024