Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » EMF Compare hide matched stereotype applications
EMF Compare hide matched stereotype applications [message #1755158] Tue, 28 February 2017 14:52 Go to next message
Leonid Ripeynih is currently offline Leonid RipeynihFriend
Hello!

I'm currently experiencing a problem with merging UML models with EMF Compare. My models are fairly large (around 15M in XMI form), and almost every element have a stereotype application on it. I know, that 15M is large, but it should be easily doable for EMF Compare (I read about performance testing it on 200M models!). Match and diff phases are very fast (around 20secs), but merge UI is unusable.

It seems to me that problem is in displaying a large number of matched stereotype applications, in left and right viewers (there are about 15 000 stereotypes applied). Since the model is a tree, most of it elements are hided and never rendered, but stereotype applications are showing as a flat list on both sides of compare merge viewer, causing it to slow down.

Is there any way of hiding stereotype applications or displaying it under corresponding model elements?

Thanks in advance.
Re: EMF Compare hide matched stereotype applications [message #1755418 is a reply to message #1755158] Fri, 03 March 2017 08:21 Go to previous message
Philip Langer is currently offline Philip LangerFriend

Hi Leonid,

there is a UI filter that hides stereotype application changes. Its UI name is "UML refined elements" filter and it is implemented in the class org.eclipse.emf.compare.uml2.rcp.ui.internal.structuremergeviewer.filters.UMLRefinedElementsFilter. However, I don't think it solves the UI performance problem.

Have you tried with the nightly build of EMF Compare? There has been significant work on the way how the difference tree is built and it certainly improved the performance.

To trace down where the problem is, it may help to enable logging, start a comparison then, and analyze the log file. This can be done in the EMF Compare Preferences -> Logging -> Log Level = Debug. You can post this log here, if you want us to have a look at it.

Best wishes,

Philip

--
Philip Langer

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/

--
Philip Langer

Get professional Eclipse developer support:
http://eclipsesource.com/en/services/developer-support/
Previous Topic:Compare models structurally equal
Next Topic:Ignoring attributes depending on their value