Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Gendoc » gendoc - instance model
gendoc - instance model [message #1755138] Tue, 28 February 2017 11:35 Go to next message
Geoffrey Jacquemin is currently offline Geoffrey JacqueminFriend
Hi. I'm new on this Forum and i need help.

I can generate reports with Gendoc using an ecore model.
But i need to generate reports with an instance from this ecore model and i can't. The only solution i have for now is to execute my .editor as "Eclipse Application".
This will open a new eclipse instance where i can create my instance model then generate report without problem.

I would like to create this instance model without using a new Eclipse instance.

I also tried before all to create a file with XMI structure and use it as Model in Gendoc but i got this error message:
See details. The execution of a script failed: The model Model can not be loaded from URL: "[model_path]" can not be loaded

Re: gendoc - instance model [message #1755173 is a reply to message #1755138] Tue, 28 February 2017 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
Hello
several solutions exist to your problem but they are not so easy to implement.
We will try step by step.

What is the extension of your model instance ? can you try to set it if it is not the case to xml or xmi ?

[Updated on: Tue, 28 February 2017 17:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: gendoc - instance model [message #1756046 is a reply to message #1755173] Fri, 10 March 2017 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi.

my problem was resolved.

An expert where i do my internship helped me.
The reason was that the first instance didn't "know" the model instance created in the second eclipse instance.

The solution was to create my EMF API as an Eclipse Plugin (I created a feature project, then an update site to install the plugin in Eclipse). Now, when i invoke my EMF API, i can generate my document on my model instance. It's a solution.

ps: sorry for my english !

Re: gendoc - instance model [message #1756047 is a reply to message #1755173] Fri, 10 March 2017 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi.

my problem was resolved.

The reason was that the first instance didn't "know" the model instance created in the second eclipse instance.

The solution was to create my EMF API as an Eclipse Plugin (I created a feature project, then an update site to install the plugin in Eclipse). Now, when i invoke my EMF API, i can generate my document on my model instance. It's a solution.

Re: gendoc - instance model [message #1756048 is a reply to message #1755173] Fri, 10 March 2017 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi.

my problem was resolved.

Re: gendoc - instance model [message #1756049 is a reply to message #1756048] Fri, 10 March 2017 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oups, sorry for the multiple post
Re: gendoc - instance model [message #1756054 is a reply to message #1756049] Fri, 10 March 2017 12:05 Go to previous message
Tristan Faure is currently offline Tristan FaureFriend
No problem, glad to hear you problem is solved !

Previous Topic:Daigrams with "Invalid view remove from diagram".
Next Topic:Error when generate doc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:15:05 GMT 2024