Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » AVRdude .hex file upload(Attempt at using AVR plugin for Eclipse to upload AVR to Attel device)
AVRdude .hex file upload [message #1755059] Mon, 27 February 2017 16:19 Go to next message
James Brady is currently offline James BradyFriend
Hello everyone, please be patient with me here, I'm extremely new to Eclipse and this is the first thing I'm trying to use it for.

I'm trying to upload a .hex file (https://github.com/grbl/grbl/downloads) to an Atmel ATMEGA328P which is on my Arduino board. So I got the AVR plugin for eclipse and now I'm trying to use it, I choose "Build Project" and get:

**** Build of configuration Release for project CNC ****

Nothing to build for project CNC

When I go to "AVR -> Upload Project to Targeted Device" It says the project may need to be built first. I attached a screenshot. Smile

index.php/fa/28587/0/
Re: AVRdude .hex file upload [message #1755077 is a reply to message #1755059] Mon, 27 February 2017 19:45 Go to previous message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Did you read the error message? The downloader wants the file CNC/release/CNC.hex, but there are only hexFile.hex and GRBL_File.hex.

The screenshot does not show why the requested file does not exist. Maybe the project needs to be built.

--

Tauno Voipio
Previous Topic:Eclipse Stops Running When Importing From Maven
Next Topic:Using PhoneGap with ECLIPSE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:31:52 GMT 2024