Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Add Tomcat8 to Eclise Neon on Linux Mint
Add Tomcat8 to Eclise Neon on Linux Mint [message #1754999] Sat, 25 February 2017 18:17 Go to next message
David Tailor is currently offline David TailorFriend
Hello!

I would like to develop this and that with Eclipse, Java, and Tomcat.

I've installed Tomcat with apt install tomcat8
In eclipse, New->Other->Server->Tomcat8.
Can't enter anything to the server name textbox, 5 minute google search, solution:

rm .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.server.core.prefs
rm .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings/org.eclipse.jst.server.tomcat.core.prefs

Restart eclipse. Try again, works.

New error message when click the finish button somekind of config file doesn't exists:
Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at /usr/share/tomcat8/conf. The configuration may be corrupt or incomplete.
/usr/share/tomcat8/conf/catalina.policy (Nincs ilyen fájl vagy könyvtár)

Another five minutes of google,
sudo ln -s /etc/tomcat8/policy.d/03catalina.policy /usr/share/tomcat8/conf/catalina.policy

Problem solved.

Now new error on the bottom of eclipse window:
Description	Resource	Path	Location	Type
The container 'Apache Tomcat v8.0 [Apache Tomcat v8.0]' references non existing library '/usr/share/tomcat8/lib/commons-dbcp.jar'

That lib is exists under that directory.
ls /usr/share/tomcat8/lib/commons-dbcp.jar
/usr/share/tomcat8/lib/commons-dbcp.jar

I have a question: How can I install and configure it?

Update:

The libcommons-dbcp-java packege was not installed. After installation eclipse doen't complain about the jar, now the only problem is an error message:
Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at ... The configuration may be corrupt or incomplete.

[Updated on: Sun, 26 February 2017 00:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Add Tomcat8 to Eclise Neon on Linux Mint [message #1755015 is a reply to message #1754999] Sun, 26 February 2017 18:52 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You shouldn't develop using your "production" install. If nothing else, the distribution's packaging of Tomcat may have moved files around, compared to the downloadable Tomcat tarball, in ways that lead to these issues.

Download a .tar.gz file from https://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi , unpack it somewhere under your home directory, and use that as your Tomcat runtime. Then get back to developing your web app.

https://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP_Tomcat_FAQ

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Why won't this work?
Next Topic:Error installing e (fx) clipse 2.4.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:00:05 GMT 2024