Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Kura » How to make data appear on Kura UI(Is there any way to send Strings to Kura Web UI and make them appear on it?)
icon5.gif  How to make data appear on Kura UI [message #1754974] Fri, 24 February 2017 18:27 Go to next message
Ernani Ricoy is currently offline Ernani RicoyFriend
I've made most of the Kura examples present on its documentation, but now I need to make the opposite of what's shown on them: send data to Kura instead of from it.

I want to send data (in this case, Strings) to Kura and them make them appear on Kura Web UI (maybe using some sort of configurable application, if I had to guess).

Is there any way to do this? If yes, then how?
Re: How to make data appear on Kura UI [message #1754976 is a reply to message #1754974] Fri, 24 February 2017 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Woodard is currently offline David WoodardFriend
Hello,

The question was also asked here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/42445999/how-to-make-data-appear-on-kura-web-ui/42447049#42447049

Thanks,
--Dave
Re: How to make data appear on Kura UI [message #1774245 is a reply to message #1754974] Thu, 12 October 2017 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barath Kumar is currently offline Barath KumarFriend
are you able to do this ??? if yes , please help me to configure out how you are sending data to kura from eclipse
Re: How to make data appear on Kura UI [message #1774383 is a reply to message #1774245] Fri, 13 October 2017 14:16 Go to previous message
Ernani Ricoy is currently offline Ernani RicoyFriend
Hi, Barath.

Like David answered in the same question I posted on Stack Overflow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42445999/how-to-make-data-appear-on-kura-web-ui/42447049#42447049,
the Kura UI is not meant to display data - i.e., as an user interface. It is a console to manage the Kura framework.

To answer your question: no, I didn't manage to do this. After David's answer, some tests and Google searches, I decided to use Kura UI simply to configure the settings of the router on which it was installed (a Raspbian running on Raspberry Pi). It is much easier than configuring via command line.

I made this question in the beggining of the project I was working on, so nowadays it's more advanced. I'm building the application using the MEAN stack (http://mean.io/) - that means that the user interface is being managed by AngularJS.

I know is not the answer you wanted to read, but it's best to use Kura UI simply for configuration and forget about using it do display data being sent to it.
Previous Topic:Kura With BacNet
Next Topic:MQTTDataTransport lost connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:41:01 GMT 2024