Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How to use testexec.exe with testjobs (Is there detail or example documentation on how to use testexe.exe for testjobs. How to prestart autagent.exe and autrun.exe properly?)
How to use testexec.exe with testjobs [message #1754830] Wed, 22 February 2017 22:14 Go to next message
Khanh Vu is currently offline Khanh VuFriend
I have use testexec.exe with -testsuite successfully

For example: testexec -project InstallUninstall -version 1.0 -dburl "jdbc:oracle:thin:@jubula.us-east-1.rds.com:1521:jubula" -dbuser user -dbpw "pw" -testsuite "4_4_2_windows_plugin_uninstall" -autconfig Windows_Eclipse_Luna_AUT_4.4.2@localhost -data "C:\Users\Administrator\AUT\4.4.2\WorkSpace" -resultdir "C:\Users\Administrator\AUT\test_result\4.4.2"

I can not get testexec.exe to work with -testjob after many days

This is given in Jubula Documentation: If you are working with Test Jobs, you must use a separately started AUT Agent, because you will require the AUT Agent to start the AUT via autrun.

I started AUT Agent with: autagent.exe -v
.... that started autagent on port 60000

I started AUT via autrun with: autrun -w "C:\Users\Administrator\AUT\4.4.2\WorkSpace" -p 60000 -a localhost -rcp -i AUT442 -e C:\Users\Administrator\AUT\4.4.2\eclipse\eclipse.exe
..... I think that worked because Luna started but I can not confirm the AUTID is set to AUT442 as expected.

I tried to run testexec.exe with testjob but failed:
testexec -project InstallUninstall -version 1.0 -dburl "jdbc:oracle:thin:@jubula.rds.com:1521:jubula" -dbuser user -dbpw "pw" -server localhost -port 60000 -testjob "Windows_Luna_4.4.2" -autid AUT422 -data "C:\Users\Administrator\AUT\4.4.2\WorkSpace" -resultdir "C:\Users\Administrator\AUT\test_result\4.4.2"

The error trace:
9:49:43 PM - Database: Project loading completed.
9:49:43 PM - Project: Checking completeness
9:49:44 PM - Checking completeness of Test Suite "4_4_2_windows_plugin_u
ninstall"...
9:49:44 PM - ... passed.
9:49:44 PM - Checking completeness of Test Suite "4_4_2_windows_plugin_i
nstall"...
9:49:44 PM - ... passed.
9:49:44 PM - AUT is probably started with autrun yet.
9:49:44 PM - Start working with Test Job: Windows_Luna_4.4.2
9:49:44 PM - Test Job "Windows_Luna_4.4.2": 2 test suite executions are
expected...
:49:44 PM - Start working with Test Suite: <4_4_2_windows_plugin_uninst
all>
9:49:44 PM - AUT: Connecting to "Windows_Eclipse_Luna"...
9:49:44 PM - AUT ERROR: Connection to the AUT could not be established b
ecause there is no AUT with the given ID registered at the agent....
!!Error occurred !!
Could not connect to AUT: Windows_Eclipse_Luna
AUT should be started with autrun. Please check running state of AUT or
the AUT configuration.
9:49:44 PM - Test Job "Windows_Luna_4.4.2": 0 test suite executions perf
ormed...
!!Error occurred !!
Test Job "Windows_Luna_4.4.2": Did not execute test suite "4_4_2_windows
_plugin_uninstall" successfully...
!!Error occurred !!
Test Job "Windows_Luna_4.4.2": Did not execute test suite "4_4_2_windows
_plugin_install" successfully...
9:49:45 PM - AUT Agent: connection closed.
9:49:45 PM - Exit: Code 1

Please help me with some sample examples or detail documents. Thanks, Khanh

Re: How to use testexec.exe with testjobs [message #1754886 is a reply to message #1754830] Thu, 23 February 2017 14:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Khan Vu,

please verify that the AUT ID is also present in the AUT configuration see Documentation[1] (3.7.3.4 - IDs for AUTs started by the autrun command)for more information. The id must be exactly set to the value which you give them during the autrun.

regards
Marvin Müller

[1] http://help.eclipse.org/neon/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jubula.client.ua.help%2Fcontent%2Fhtml%2FuserManual%2Ftasks%2FdefineAUT%2Fdefine-aut.html
Re: How to use testexec.exe with testjobs [message #1755071 is a reply to message #1754886] Mon, 27 February 2017 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Khanh Vu is currently offline Khanh VuFriend
I think my problem is having a long list of test suites.

After some isolation with just test suites, I notice some test suites run as expected but intermittently get this error at AUT connect.

AUTs syserr: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Error while renaming bundle file to final location

Have you seen this intermittent AUT startup and connect issue before? What is your work around to make AUT consistently stop and start properly?

Thanks,
Khanh
Re: How to use testexec.exe with testjobs [message #1755300 is a reply to message #1755071] Thu, 02 March 2017 08:51 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
I am not aware of any such problems at the moment.
Do your testsuites include steps where the restart of the AUT is done by the AUT itself?
Are you using multiple AUT's or just one?
What exactly do you want to test using the Test Jobs?
The Problem with our Test Jobs are, that the AUT must be available at the start of the test suite. If this is not the case and e.g. the AUT is in it's own startup phase it might be to late.

regards
Marvin Mueller
Previous Topic:Jubula standalone is not recognizing Kepler canvas
Next Topic:Oracle Database connection error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:37:49 GMT 2024