Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Modifying semantic element starting from an IMarker
Modifying semantic element starting from an IMarker [message #1754734] Tue, 21 February 2017 20:33 Go to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi,

I am trying to bridge Epsilon's EVL with Sirius so that the former can be used to define constraints and quick fixes for diagrams constructed with the latter (similarly to [1]). I'm almost there but I'm having trouble implementing quick fixes, hence this post.

Assuming that I've got hold of a Sirius (org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.diagnostic) problem marker (org.eclipse.core.resources.IMarker) with the following attributes, how can I run code that modifies features of its underlying semantic element (e.g. if the semantic element is a Person, change its name from X to Y)?

elementId -> _shUpEPd-EeadXOjn8SEqIQ
severity -> 2
DIAGRAM_URI -> platform:/resource/basicfamily.sample/representations.aird#_sg7ngfd-EeadXOjn8SEqIQ
org.eclipse.ui.editorID -> org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.part.SiriusDiagramEditorID
location -> lola::<Man>
SEMANTIC_URI -> platform:/resource/basicfamily.sample/example.basicfamily#//@members.10
message -> Invariant Grumpy failed for Man [name=, ]

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/evl-gmf-integration/
Re: Modifying semantic element starting from an IMarker [message #1754747 is a reply to message #1754734] Tue, 21 February 2017 22:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi again,

To refine my question, I suspect that I need to access 1) the semantic element (EObject) behind the marker and 2) its (Transactional?)EditingDomain so that I can run the modification code through its CommandStack. Any advice on how to get hold of these would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Modifying semantic element starting from an IMarker [message #1754764 is a reply to message #1754747] Wed, 22 February 2017 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Dimitris,

You can find how Sirius manages those markers and attributes to retrieve the element or the editing domain:
. org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.internal.providers.SiriusValidationDecoratorProvider.StatusDecorator.refresh()
. org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.internal.quickfix.ValidationFixResolution.getMarkedView(Session, IMarker)

Note that you could also define validation rules and quick fixes directly in your modeler specification model (see blog post http://melb.enix.org/sirius/validation/)

Regards,

[Updated on: Wed, 22 February 2017 08:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Modifying semantic element starting from an IMarker [message #1754917 is a reply to message #1754764] Thu, 23 February 2017 22:41 Go to previous message

Many thanks!

Dimitris
Previous Topic:Create Node from another model in diagram editor
Next Topic:Create programmatically DNodeContainer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:41:17 GMT 2024