Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project (WTP) » Can't Save Edits in CKE Editor(Save grayed out.)
Can't Save Edits in CKE Editor [message #1754487] Sat, 18 February 2017 16:43
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
To create this project did File => Static Web Project . I then imported the local files by doing File => Import ... => General => File System, and selecting the local directory containing the files to upload to the server. I then clicked on the "Advanced >>" button checked the "Create Links in workspace" checkbox so that links, and not the files themselves, would be imported. I then set up RSE with the FTP information, and dragged the local files directory from the Project Explorer's window into the Remote System Explorer's window. The files uploaded to the server.

Now I need to edit a local page and upload this updated page to synchronize. I find I cannot save the edits. Both before and after doing the edit the menu item File => Save is grayed out. I tried File => Save As . I was prompted whether I wanted to replace the file, and I responded affirmatively. There was not error message, but reloading the file into the CKE editor did showed the edits were not saved. When closing the file in the CKE editor, with new edits in effect, the usual "Save file?" dialog did not appear.

The file the edit was attempted on has both read, write, and execute permissions for owner, group, and other.

This difficulty is in Eclipse Neon running in the Ubuntu 16.04.1 xenial OS.
Previous Topic:is WTP "CBI source code" supported by M2E-Integration? is it possible to launch/debug?
Next Topic:Unable to add existing class in New Managed Bean Wizard?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:49:16 GMT 2024