Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » EVL Sirius integration
EVL Sirius integration [message #1754433] Fri, 17 February 2017 17:56 Go to next message
Michaël Melchiore is currently offline Michaël MelchioreFriend
Hello,

I am writing a simple code generation tool based on the EMF ecosystem.

I have chosen Sirius to develop the diagram editor but would like to use Epsilon for M2M and model validation activities.

I have written sample validation rules and successfully tested them in EMF tree-based editor (validation, quickfixes, ...). In the Sirius-based editor, the rules are correctly invoked but the following features don't work :

• the offending items are not flagged in the diagram view
  • the quick fix suggestions are not taken into account

In this tutorial, one must modify a .gmfgen model which I cannot find in my Sirius based example.

I do have declared an org.eclipse.ui.ide.markerResolution extension with the org.eclipse.sirius.diagram.ui.diagnostic markerType but I think I am missing something.

Any advice ?

I am using Epsilon 1.3.

Best regards,

Michaël

[Updated on: Fri, 17 February 2017 18:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: EVL Sirius integration [message #1754435 is a reply to message #1754433] Fri, 17 February 2017 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Michaël,

Could you please share a minimal example [1] we can use to reproduce this?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/minimal-examples/
Re: EVL Sirius integration [message #1754600 is a reply to message #1754435] Mon, 20 February 2017 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Dimitris,

Thanks for the quick response. I have been able to reproduce the problem with Sirius Family example. I will submit it to you tomorrow !

A quick ETL question, can I invoke lazy rules from a post block ?

Regards,

Michaël

[Updated on: Mon, 20 February 2017 17:26]

Re: EVL Sirius integration [message #1754638 is a reply to message #1754435] Tue, 21 February 2017 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Dimitris,

Please find attached in this post a minimal example. The eclipse folder contains the tool plugins and the runtime folder a sample model.

I am using :

• Eclipse Mars.2 Release (4.5.2)
  • Sirius 3.1.3
  • Epsilon 1.4.0.2

I used nested Eclipse to set up my tests : first workspace is the content of the eclipse folder, and the runtime folder holds the content of the nested workspace. To reproduce the problem, compare model validation from the tree-based editor and Sirius editor.

In the tree-based editor, everything works fine (validation, Problem display, quick fixes).
In the Sirius diagram, the model validation is successfully triggered , but errors are not flagged in the diagram. Quick fix suggestions are also ignored.

Thanks for your help,

Michaël

[Updated on: Tue, 21 February 2017 08:57]

Re: EVL Sirius integration [message #1754687 is a reply to message #1754638] Tue, 21 February 2017 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Michaël,

Could it be the case that Sirius doesn't support error flags at the diagram level? Flags at the model element level appear to be working fine. To reproduce this, you can add the following constraint to your EVL file:

context Person {
    constraint Grumpy {
         check : false
    }
}

Quick fixes are not currently supported but we're working on this.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[Updated on: Tue, 21 February 2017 14:46]

Re: EVL Sirius integration [message #1754689 is a reply to message #1754687] Tue, 21 February 2017 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have been browsing their tutorials and it seems they do support error flags.

See this paragraph for example. Maybe Sirius uses an other validation framework ? I will try posting in their forum...

That is good to hear ! When do you expect to finish ?

Michaël
Re: EVL Sirius integration [message #1754701 is a reply to message #1754689] Tue, 21 February 2017 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Michaël,

> I have been browsing their tutorials and it seems they do support error flags.

What I was trying to say is that error flags can be attached to nodes (e.g. Persons) but not to the entire diagram (e.g. Family). Adding the constraint I recommended to your EVL file should produce lots of error flags in your diagram.

> That is good to hear ! When do you expect to finish ?

Not sure. I'll try to post an update by the end of the week though.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: EVL Sirius integration [message #1755577 is a reply to message #1754701] Sun, 05 March 2017 22:53 Go to previous message

Hi Michael,

This took me a week longer than expected but quick fixes should now work in the latest interim version. Could you please give it a try and let me know how it goes?

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Link Annotation style doesnt work
Next Topic:[EVL] [EPL] Intermediate models
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:46:21 GMT 2024