Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » upgrade preference at product update
upgrade preference at product update [message #1754394] Fri, 17 February 2017 08:29 Go to next message
Martin Jacob is currently offline Martin JacobFriend
Hi,

I need to modify some of my preference settings stored in the preference store at the first time the new RCP version starts up. To be more precise the first time a specific workspace is opened with a new version.
I guess it should be similar to the workspace upgrade process when updating the Eclipse IDE.

My RCP is base on the IDE.

Does anyone have a hint where to look for a solution?

Re: upgrade preference at product update [message #1754640 is a reply to message #1754394] Tue, 21 February 2017 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It seams there is no "official eclipse way" to do it. So I implemented my own update mechanism into the PreferenceInitializer extends AbstractPreferenceInitializer and storing the current preferences version into a preferences as well.
Re: upgrade preference at product update [message #1754641 is a reply to message #1754394] Tue, 21 February 2017 09:05 Go to previous message
It seams there is no "official eclipse way" to do it. So I implemented my own update mechanism into the PreferenceInitializer extends AbstractPreferenceInitializer and storing the current preferences version into a preferences as well.
Previous Topic:Toggle command with state for every editor instance
Next Topic:Exporting files to other formats
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:29:02 GMT 2024