Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » GCC Built-In Compiler Settings - Scanner Discovery
icon5.gif  GCC Built-In Compiler Settings - Scanner Discovery [message #1754380] Fri, 17 February 2017 06:37 Go to next message
Oliver Loidl is currently offline Oliver LoidlFriend
Hello,

From some Compilers I get the compiler stettings in the format of compiler parameters like the built-output parser use it and not in the C-format.
For example i do not get "#define" for Symbols. instead i get "-D".
Is there a possibility that the Scanner Discovery for the Built-In Compiler Settings also dedect those settings?
Thx.

Oliver
Re: GCC Built-In Compiler Settings - Scanner Discovery [message #1755790 is a reply to message #1754380] Wed, 08 March 2017 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Freidin is currently offline Alex FreidinFriend
That depends on your project type. CDT has "CDT Build Output Parser" in Properties > C/C++ General > Preprocessor Include ... > Providers tab.
For Makefile (non-managed) type of project, this provider is enabled automatically and compiler settings such as -D are picked up by CDT after the first build.
But, for managed build type of project, i.e. CDT manages the makefiles or uses Internal builder, this provider is disabled by default. You may try and enable it, make a clean build and rebuild the index. Or, if it's a managed project, you may add those macros to compiler settings one by one and it will be picked up by CDT.
Re: GCC Built-In Compiler Settings - Scanner Discovery [message #1756335 is a reply to message #1755790] Wed, 15 March 2017 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,
thanks for your answer, but that was not my question.
The "Build Output Parser" works like it should, but the "Built-In Compiler Settings - Scanner Discovery" not.
Thx.
Regards
Re: GCC Built-In Compiler Settings - Scanner Discovery [message #1756347 is a reply to message #1756335] Wed, 15 March 2017 16:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alex Freidin is currently offline Alex FreidinFriend
Hi Oliver,
You can change the default command-line for the CDT GCC Built-in Compiler Settings provider under Providers tab and add the required -D switches.
Re: GCC Built-In Compiler Settings - Scanner Discovery [message #1773455 is a reply to message #1756347] Thu, 28 September 2017 05:23 Go to previous message
Hello Alex,

sry, but you missunderstood me again.
The command line works like it should, but the compiler gives the output in an other format what the provider expects.
So the build in compiler settings get not dedected from the provider.

Regards
Previous Topic:CDT source code build error
Next Topic:remote debug without ssh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Mar 30 07:11:24 GMT 2024